(4) We Are Not Your Ordinary Family

Family reunions, who doesn't love them? I know I do! Especially because my two best are my cousins and I'm going to see them 24/7, two days long. Yeah and also other family members, but does it get better than having your  best friends in the family?

XOXO Fray

"Clarissa!" My dad yelled. I was probably too slow for him with getting ready. "I'm on it!" I yelled back and got into my shoes, high heels. I needed to dress up somehow. I was wearing a blue ripped jeans and a top that was free at the back, well most and pink/purple lipstick.

"Oh god Promise, what are you wearing?" Mom asked and I looked at my outfit "What's wrong with this?!" I asked. "What do you mean, what's wrong with this? I'm wearing heels!" "We don't have time!" Dad interrupted us "Promise, Caleb, car! Now!" He said and we walked outside, well my brother ran.

The car ride was pretty boring, it was just a little bearable because my parents sang along to pretty much every song on the radio.

After a while I joined in as well. I didn't know know what the song was called nor the words. But singing with my family was one of my favorite things, even if Cale couldn't really sing. Poor boy, he didn't get the singing gene. But what I love about him that he didn't care what others think.

About two hours later we reached the Canadian border, where the reunion was each year. The Amca Hotel. Usually I had to share a room with Cale, but he was sharing with Jordan this year, while Jaden, Evie, Ronnie, Miriam and I had a five bedroom. Needless to say that the hotel often hosts class trips.

"Hey" Evie squealed once she saw me. She ran towards me and hugged me. After she let go, Ronnie hugged me and then Jaden. "Excited for the next two days?" Evie asked. "You could say that" I answered. "So many Canadian and American boys! I'm in heaven!" Ronnie said and we decided to ignore anything she says that had something to do with boys, so 99.99% of the things she says.

"Hey girls" Miriam said as she walked by. She hugged each of us, before we were back to talking. "How is Lars?" Ronnie asked curious. "Lars? Who is Lars?" My mom suddenly asked. "My kind of boyfriend" I smiled. "Lars who?!" She asked and my smile disappeared "Harper" I answered confused.

"I'm gonna go and find you dad. Keep an eye on Caleb" She said and walked off. "O...okay..." I said confused as she disappeared.

Olivia

"Problem Ryder! Huge problem!" I said as I stormed towards him, my jacket flying in the wind just like my hair. "Booked the wrong room?" He joked and I hit him. "This is serious!" I told him. "How serious?" He asked, now taking me a little more serious. "Your son is dating your daughter serious!" I said and he became pale. "What?!" He asked shocked. "Promise is dating Lars Harper!" I told him.

"I need to talk to Monica, right now!" I said and started walking back to the hotel and dialed Monica's number. "Hey Liv. We're almost there" She said. "You have Katherine's number, please tell me you have her number or you know where she lives" I asked. "Yeah, why?" She asked confused. "Because her son is part of Promise's life and with that I mean they are dating" I said and she was immediately shocked.

"WHAT?!" She yelled and I could hear Will next to her saying something, but I couldn't understand what he said. "I'll tell you more about that later" I told her. "Hey, did Evie and Veronica arrive save? Can't get them on the phone" "They are fine. They are with Prom, Miriam, Caleb and Jaden" I told her. She was clearly relieved.

Promise

"That was weird" Evie said, looking into the direction my mom disappeared to. "I know, right" I said and looked from one friend to the other. "Bree! Tee!" Cale yelled and hugged them. Breena was the little half-sister of Evie and Ronnie and Teela was the daughter of uncle Toby and aunt Tristan. 

"Cale, stay close!" I told my brother, who obeyed, even though I knew he didn't want to. He, Breena and Teela sat down on a couch and talked about I don't know what. "Have you called Lars yet?" Ronnie asked and I looked at her "Should I? I mean, I'm just gone on for a two days" I asked. "First of all, it's today, two full days and another half day, so not gone for just two days!" Ronnie said and made a short break "And yes! Call him!" "Okay okay! I will, when we are in our room. I don't want everyone to hear our conversation" I said and just a short time later, our parents came back into the hotel and told us to gather around them.

"Okay Promise, Jaden, Evie, Veronica and Miriam" My mom read out loud and I went to grab the keys. "I kind of feel like on a class trip" I said and laughed, just like the others. "Caleb and Jordan" She then called and Jordan went to get the key, since he was the older one. "Henry and Logan" She said and Henry went to get the key. "Emilia and Skylar and Teela, Breena and Tessa" She said and finished handing out the keys.

"Off you go!" Mom said and we went to get our bags and I looked at the number of the chain. I then unlocked the door, once I had found it and we stormed inside. I immediately grabbed the bed next to the window. Jaden and Miriam took a bunk bed, while Evie and Ronnie took a bunk bed.

"Call Lars!" Ronnie said again and I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. "Clare, what do I owe this pleasure to?" He asked and I sat down on the bed "Ronnie" I answered. "What?" He asked confused. "Ronnie made me call you" I told him and he laughed. "So you didn't want to call me?" He asked and I could hear that he was smirking from his voice.

"I don't know" I said, laughing a little "I didn't know if I should or not" "Oh did you" He said and I giggled again "Yes" "How is the Canadian border?" He asked. "Pretty American" I said and that caused him to laugh, although it was a pretty stupid joke.

"What are you doing right now?" He asked. "Nothing, sitting on my bed waiting for somebody to suggest something" I said and looked around at all of them, no reaction from anyone. "Nobody has an idea?" He asked and I nod "Yup"

After 20 minutes Lars and I hung up and I looked at my friends/cousins "What are we going to do now?" "I'd say look around. Maybe we find a great place to hang out" Miri suggested. "Or cute boys" Ronnie said all of us groaned "RON...NIE"