23.

"You want to take me out dancing?"

Grant laughs at my nervous tone. It's been about two months since Dawn was born and we are happily living in chilly Vancouver as a family.

"I do want to take you dancing."

"I have two left feet," I say laughing. Grant has been trying to take me out on a date night since we came back from the hospital. "Don't you remember how we met?"

"Oh please, you'd probably be a great dancer."

I walk across the kitchen floor over to the fridge. Opening the freezer I pull out a pint of mint and chip ice cream. I grab a spoon out of the dishwasher and scoop out a spoonful of cold, green cream. I spin on my toes but lose my balance and fall into Grant's arms. I stand back up and take another bite of my ice cream.

"See? I am a terrible dancer."

Grant takes the spoon out of my hand and scoops ice cream into his mouth. I gasp.

"Hey it's my ice cream," he says. "I bought it."

"Well I stole it," I say with a huff. I take another bite and kiss him. Grant follows me over to the couch where I turn the tv on. I snuggle up against him and scroll through Netflix's endless selection of movies. We decide on a romcom. Well I decide on a romcom, Grant just groans in protest. I set my tub of ice cream down on the coffee table and move to sit on Grant's lap facing him. I rest my arms on his shoulders and link my hands behind his neck.

"We are not going dancing," I say and kiss his neck. My lips climb up to his and they connect like a lock does with a key. "I'll save myself from the embarrassment of face planting."

"We could just dance here," he suggests.

"Mhm," I mumble slyly. I kiss him again, this time harder. He wraps his hands around my hair. Just then a cry sounds from the nursery.

"Ugh," I groan. Grant frowns. I smile kindly at my husband and raise my eyebrows. He shakes his head.

"No way," he says. "I got her last time. It's your turn."

I roll my eyes. "Please," I beg. "I'm tired."

"Fine," he agrees, lifting me off of his lap. He walks into the nursery and comes out with a petite baby girl. He comes back on the couch and cradles Dawn in his arms.

"Hey baby girl," he says. "Your mama just ate my ice cream then made me get up to go get you. She's being a really bad girl."

"I am a bad girl," I tell him and kiss him.

"Gosh, Mare. No PDA in front of the innocent eyes," he jokes.

"You're such a dork," I chuckle.

My cell phone rings and I pick it up to see a familiar number. "Hello?"

"Hello Marybeth," says a voice that I don't recognize. "This is Vancouver General. I'm afraid we have some terrible news."

****

A/N: AHH! What happened? But aren't Mare and Grant cute? Also Grant's birthday is tomorrow!!! I know I'm a stalker whatever, you know you are too. 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!