19.

"Hey mom," I say through the phone. 

"Marybeth," the flat-toned woman on the other end says. "What do you want."

"I- I was just wondering if you were coming to my wedding?"

"Oh honey, no. I think it's time I told you."

"Told me what?"

"Marybeth, I'm not your real mom. I adopted you when you were a young child."

I sit in the kitchen floored recalling the conversation my adoptive mother and I had almost an entire hour ago. A knock sounds at the door and three people walk in. 

"Hey girl," Candice says holding a box of makeup. Dani and Kayce, one of the writers of the show, follow her. "What's the matter?"

"I have no family coming to my own wedding," I say gloomy. The girls set up an array of beauty products on the kitchen table. 

"Well, sweetie, that's just a plain old lie," says Kayce. "You have me, Dani, Candice, Carlos, and literally everyone you work with."

"Not to mention you have Barbie coming," says Dani. I smile a little. They're right, I do have a family. I also have the little twerp growing inside of my stomach. 

"Thanks girls," I tell them. 

"So where's your dress?"

"Oh right," I say briskly walking to the closet. I take out a long, flowy dress with lace sleeves. It's off white so it won't clash with my pale skin. I hold it up to display for my bridesmaids and they make sounds as if they were teenage fangirls. 

"Put it on put it on!"

I change into the dress carefully for I definitely do not want to rip it. Once it's on I walk over to the kitchen table where the girls are setting up makeup supplies and hair products. 

"Oh my God, Mare. You look so amazing," says Kayce. Dani and Candice agree. 

"Can you believe that I'm getting married?"

"Can you believe that you're getting married to Grant?"

I shake my head. 

"They grow up so fast," Candice says as she starts applying my makeup. "It feels like just yesterday that Grant broke the sound barrier, now he's getting married."

I start laughing. "You know that there is a difference between Barry Allen and Grant Gustin right?"

"Oh yeah of course, that's just kind of how I map out time. Season one, season two, season three, season four. They're like years to me."

"Same here," Dani says, curling a piece of my blonde hair. 

"Okay, Mare," Kayce looks at me. "Do you have something old?"

"Oh right," I say. "My shoes." I show her the off white heels I am wearing. I got them for prom but ended up not wearing them so I decided to use them as my something old. 

"Something new," Dani smiles. 

"The dress of course," I respond, taking out my bag of nail polish. 

"Something borrowed?"

"Shoot." I forgot about that one. 

"Don't worry," Candice says. "I got you."

She reaches her hands to the back of her neck and removes a necklace that I didn't know she was wearing. She puts it around my neck and holds up a mirror for me to see it. It is a simple gold necklace that matches my dress perfectly. At the end of the simple chain there is a charm that resembles the shape of a lightning bolt. 

"Is that okay?"

"It's perfect," I respond. And it is perfect. If it wasn't for the Flash I wouldn't be here right now. In fact I would probably be in a morgue. I would never have met Grant, I wouldn't have these friends here, I wouldn't have an amazing job, and I wouldn't be healthy. 

"And something blue?" Kayce asks.

I hold up my freshly painted ring fingernail. 

"Got it."

****

I walk in between two columns of people, approaching Grant. Tyler, Grant's best man, looks at me smiling. Over the year me and Grant have known each other, Tyler and I have become good friends. He has tears sparkling in his eyes, probably because he is so happy for his brother. 

Since I have no father and no siblings, Tom agreed to walk me down the aisle. Actually he offered. When we are just one step away from the altar, Tom kisses my forehead and steps away, teary eyed. 

I step up to meet Grant and just stare at him crying. When we reach the time to say vows, I am barely holding it together. Grant starts his vows first.

"Marybeth Adams," he starts. "I wrote this on a napkin when we had our first real date at the coffee shop. Okay here it goes. I vow to love you, to stay by your side when you need me most. I promise to keep my distance when you ask, and hold you even when you don't. I vow to always be honest with you no matter what. No matter what you need I will give it to you, I will be at your side as quick as possible. I promise to lay next to you when you're sick and healthy. I promise to laugh with you, I promise to laugh at your breathtaking weirdness. I promise to love you forever. Through whatever the universe puts us through. I do this not only cause you are the love of my life but because you are my best friend."

I take a shuddering breath trying to calm down. The amount of happiness that runs through my body is overwhelming. My turn. 

"I should have gone first," I say. "I don't think I can beat that."

People laugh softly. I continue, "Thomas Grant Gustin, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I vow to love you forever. I promise that I will give you whatever you need, I promise to me nice, to take you as you are, to help you when you need me. When I was a child I never understood why people thought that their wedding day is the happiest day of their life. Now I understand. The amount of love and happiness I feel right now is insane. And you put that feeling there Cupcake. And I don't know if this feeling will always last but I know that I can't feel terrible around you because you are the best person I've ever known. I would say all of the in sickness and in health thing but we kind of already went through all of that. So I vow to always make you feel like I was worth knocking down. I do this because you are my everything. And I think that the only thing that can make this night better is maybe vodka... and definitely cake."

Grant laughs and so does everyone else. The minister says, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Grant kisses me strongly and slips the ring on my finger. 

"Marebear Gustin," Grant says softly. "I like the sound of that."

"Me too," I say back and kiss him again.  

****

A/N: Hey guys this took so long to write!! I'm almost done with the book yay! A few more chapters. 

Please vote!!!