5.

I hang up the phone stunned that Grant just told me I'm beautiful. I honestly don't know how to feel about this whole being friends with a famous actor thing. A part of me still thinks this is all just some sick prank or publicity stunt.

The thought of being publicly humiliated like that makes me sick. I decide instead of moping around wondering if my only friend is actually just another fame crazy actor who will do whatever it takes to get to the top, that I would do something useful. I take my IV stand with me to support my weak legs and then I walk out of my room. I walk up to the front desk on the long term stay floor and ask  them to page Martha Sherman, the hospital's external care provider.

After about five or six minutes, the blonde middle aged women walks up to the desk. She wears a light green scrub top and black jeans. Her hair is pulled back in a ponytail and she wears a thick coat of makeup that makes her green eyes pop.

"Marybeth Adams, sweetie, it's good to see you," says the woman.

"You too Martha," I respond not really paying attention.

"What do you need, honey," she says.

"Sweatpants, leggings, and sweaters. You know my sizes." She nods and writes everything down on a piece of paper. I hand her my credit card and she downloads the information into the computer in front of her.

"I'm going on a shopping run tonight so you should get everything by tomorrow," Martha assures.

"Thanks," I say. I'm about to go to the cafeteria when I realize something. Sooner or later I'm going to have to leave this hospital, even if it's only for a few hours. When I do, I'm going to look good.

"Martha? Can you also charge me for a pair of skinny jeans and a nice top?"

"That's on me. I'll make sure to pick something extra snazzy for your date," she says in a sassy tone.

"What date?"

"With that boy who came by yesterday, of course! Us social workers have our 'gossip', as you youngins like to say."

I try to hide my cringe with a smile. "Me and Grant are just friends, Martha."

"Mhm."

I roll my eyes playfully and leave to get food. I walk to the cafeteria in my gray sports leggings and my plain black t shirt. My red fuzzy socks, that I wear every time I leave my room, cover my toes so they don't freeze off in the Vancouver air. As I walk to the bistro, I feel a headache start from behind my eyes. I take a paper plate in between my fingers and fill it with my all time favorite dessert- sugar cookies. Not just any sugar cookies, but the ones that are topped with a thick layer of soft frosting and sprinkles. I take about four or five of them and then head back to my room.

As soon as I enter the elevator to take me up to my floor, my phone rings. I pull it out to see that it's my newly found friend.

"Two calls in one day. It must be pretty important."

"Well our call seemed to be cut off," he says sarcastically. He definitely knows that I hung up on him. 

"Dork," I respond rolling my eyes. I look through the glass door of the elevator out to the city. The sight is amazing. A light snow falls from the night sky and onto the light filled streets.

"So how are you?"

"Cold," I shiver. I'm always cold. I think it's a side effect of one of my many medications.

"Well," Grant says through the phone. "I think I have something that'll help. I had my assistant drop it off for me because I'm working all night but I think you will find it... warm."

I exhale sharply. The elevator doors open and I walk the few feet to my room. On my bed sits a box wrapped in white paper and tied with a big red bow.

"Grant what is this?" I ask cautiously. I'm not really sure how to respond to a gift like this.

"Open it," he tells me over the phone. I unwrap the present and open the white box. Inside lies a maroon sweater. I hold up the large sweater in front of me and smile.

"This looks awfully familiar," I say in a chirpy tone.

"I was wearing it when I met you," he responds slowly.

"Yeah I remember," I laugh. "But why do I have it now?"

"Well I'm not always going to be able to go across town to come see you so I thought maybe if you saw something of mine it would kind of be, you know, the next best thing."

"You know we aren't married right? We aren't even dating."

"Not yet, Marybeth Adams."

"Oh my, okay Grant Gustin. Thanks for the sweater."

"Your welcome Marebear," he laughs.

"If you call me Marebear one more time, I'm going to-"

"Going to what?"

"Fight me, Gustin."

I hear Grant laugh and, despite my annoyance, can't help the blush that invades my cheeks.

"Oh Adams, you always know what to say."

"Yeah, okay. Well goodnight! I'll be here, holding on to this sweater and thinking about how much I love you and how desperate I am to see you again," I say in my natural language- sarcasm.

"Calm yourself Mare," Grant says defensively. "And goodnight."

I hang up, still smiling at the conversation I just ended. I put Grant's sweater on and breath in it's scent. My heart melts when I think of Grant and that scares me. I don't want to get to close to anyone because I know I will just have to say goodbye to them in a year or so.

I bury myself under my mountain of covers and close my eyes. Great, I think to myself. Now I'll have to actually try and look nice everyday day just in case one Grant Gustin walks into my room.

****

A/N: Oh gosh these chapters are pre-written and I just read how cringy this was. 

And DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

Love you all.