Chapter 3: A Perfect Date

Start from the beginning

“LOUIS!” I exclaimed and he laughed. Liam and I walked down the porch steps and towards his car.

He opened the passenger door for me, and I smiled as I got in. He nodded and shut the door before running around and getting in the driver’s side, “Ready?” Liam asked, looking at me.

“Yep.” I smiled and he turned on the car, pulling out of the driveway.

We drove a little bit and I started to get a bit impatient, since we‘ve been driving a while, “Are we almost there?” I questioned,  looking out the window.

“Yep, should be there soon,” Liam replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

A couple minutes later, we came into the view of a beach. It totally slipped my mind that the date could be there, until he pulled into the beach parking lot.

“The date’s at the beach?” I asked, smiling.

“It sure is… I wanted it to be romantic.” Liam winked, getting out of the car and leaving me in awe. He ran around and opened the car door for me, holding out his hand and helping me out.

Liam opened the trunk and pulled out a picnic basket, “A picnic on the beach!?” I exclaimed, smiling. He just grinned at me and grabbed my hand, leading me towards the beach.

 “Are we gonna be interrupted? Like, by fans and paparazzi?” I asked.

“No, I don’t think so. We‘re going to be on the side where nobody hardly goes,” Liam replied, his accent making me melt.

“Good. I just want it to be me and you,” I said, looking up at him. He looked down at the sand and smiled.

I looked up at the beach. The waves were crashing lightly and the sky was clear, a few clouds here and there. It was honestly perfect.

Liam and I found the perfect spot and he sat down the basket. He opened it up and pulled out a blanket.

“Here, I’ll help,” I said and Liam smiled at me. We each grabbed a side of the blanket and set it on the ground.

I sat down on it and he joined me. He started setting the food out; sandwiches, grapes, strawberries, chocolate, and two water bottles.

“I hope you like this food,” Liam said, looking at me.

“Of course, I do!” I smiled and grabbed a sandwich. We ate, talked, joked, smiled, and laughed. It was the perfect date… honestly.

“Here, catch,” Liam exclaimed and threw a grape at me. I didn’t look quick enough, so it hit me in the nose. We started to laugh and I grabbed the grape, popping it in my mouth.

“Your turn,” I stated, grabbing a grape. He opened his mouth and I threw it. He caught it perfectly in my mouth.

“OH!” He said, smiling proudly. I just laughed and shook my head.

“Strawberry?” Liam asked and I nodded. He got a chocolate dipped strawberry as I scooted closer to him. He held it out and I took a bite.

After I swallowed it, I sat up and moved closer to Liam. We gazed deep into each other’s eyes. Slowly, Liam and I leaned in, and right as our lips were about to touch, I felt the buzz of my phone in my pocket.

“UGH! I’m so sorry,” I apologized, pulling back and grabbing my phone. I opened the text from my idiotic, childish cousin.

From Louis: Hope you’re having fun ;)

“Ass,” I muttered, rolling my eyes and setting my phone on the blanket.

“Louis?” Liam questioned, looking at me concerned.