Chapter Four: Karin

The Haruno sighs as she presses forward, knees wobbling and chest heavy, fingers shaky, and this was all because of how close she felt to Sasuke. It would be great if she were to be able to bring him back today, then her birthday would be over nine thousand times better. The Leaf was now far away from her safety, but in that case, Sakura didn't mind. She felt like Sasuke was still on her side, not on that snake's side. She would still be on his side, but she wouldn't force herself on him anymore, she'd be just...someone.

The sky was blazed with the crimson pigment that was peculiar and rather odd. How was it, that the sky went from a beautiful light sky baby blue, to that color? She didn't want to know, yet she did. One half was afraid of the answer. The other, thought that the cause of this was Sasuke. "How strange...the sky..." She breathes in the air, which is oddly fresh than she'd imagine it to be. She thought it would be smoky and gaseous, even a toxic poisonous burn to her nostrils, and yet it wasn't. Steps were heard behind her.

"You, you're Sasuke's old teammate!" A girl growls, as she fixes her brown glasses, clear white hiding her eyes from behind them. Sakura turns around, and sees a girl with an open purple shirt, black short shorts, and long black boots. She had red hair that was messy. "...I am...but he doesn't concern me..." Sakura lies as she is already annoyed by this girl. "Well then," the girl smirks as Sakura walks forward, her back turned against the girl. "Allow me to introduce myself, forehead. I am Karin Uzumaki, Sasuke's girlfriend." She says with as much pride--and faking honesty.

Sakura pauses in her steps. Her chakra was building up from within. Who was this girl to straight up say that Sasuke was dating her? Sasuke wouldn't. And Sakura knew that for a fact. "I don't believe that. I've known Sasuke far longer than you." Sakura says as she continues to walk. "Hahaha, please! But hmmm, didn't he leave you on a bench, and knocked you out?! He didn't even consider taking you with him when he left your puny dumb stupid village!" Now Karin brought Konoha into this. Damn her, Sakura was getting angrier by the minute...seconds.

"I have no time to hear this from you." She maintains her demeanor as Karin growls, not getting the reaction she hoped for from Sakura. "Why you little!" Karin grabs a perfume bomb paper and is about to slap that on Sakura to knock her out, but if Karin wanted to engage in a serious battle with Sakura, she'd have no match against her, because Karin has never fought in the battlefield, well, besides beating up Suigetsu, but that didn't count. Sakura quickly turns around as in her quick movement, she raises her fist and punches forward, hitting Karin's stomach.

"Shanaroooooo!!!!!!"

Karin groans as she is thrown back and Sakura turns away, continuing to walk on. "You think I'm gonna let you get away that easily?!" Karin dashes forward as Sakura swoops away, Karin barely smacking the perfume bomb on her, and Sakura is engulfed in a reddish pink gust of gas. "Hmph, sloppy." Karin fixes her glasses as Sakura jumps out from the gas. "I've smelled better perfume!" Sakura raises her fist once more, as Karin gasps. "N-No way, how is she up again?!" Karin gasps as Sakura punches her in the face. Karin stumbles back as she aimlessly tries to kick Sakura, and someone grabs the almost faint Karin.

Both his arms were outstretched towards her as Karin falls into his arms, he holds her close before patting her head. Sakura analyzes the boy and realizes he doesn't want to hurt her, but instead stop Karin from getting brutally injured. "Geez, dog. Stop getting yourself into anymore quarrels! Juugo and Sasuke are waiting for us at the hideout..." Suigetsu mutters as Sakura's eyes widen. "S-Sasuke...?" She gasps before Suigetsu looks up at her. So she's Sakura, the girl Sasuke won't stop talking about or visiting...

Suigetsu nods, before disappearing. Sakura sighs, and that was her closest chance she had to get to Sasuke. But now it was impossible. "Hello, Sakura, it has been a long time hasn't it..." A familiar voice has now struck her, as her eyes widen. Lost for words, Sakura can't even believe this encounter. His light voice is so bone chilling and his chuckles are dark. She slowly turns around, seeing him standing there, wearing his signature black and red cloud patterned cloak, and from behind him stood an army that could quite possibly defeat Sakura. No. She can't die. She has to get to Sasuke.

She bites her lip and thinks, if he was the one to cause the sky to be tainted. Besides that, she couldn't think of anyone else who would. Besides Sasuke. "Did you miss my presence, kunoichi of Konoha?" He asks, as Sakura trembles, before calming down, getting in a fighting stance and preparing herself for a much more challenging fight and opponent.

"Sasori..."