Blondes do have more fun (Kurapika x Reader)

The streets of York New City, were bustling with the smell of a variety of foods and the sounds of people walking and talking, going about their day. It was a perfect day walk around the city. And whats better than to spend it with the one you love.

You and Kurapika walked hand in hand, casually enjoying the bright and sunny day. You took a bite of the sandwich you had bought before in a nearby food stand. You smiled savouring the combination of ingredients lingering together to create something so delicious. Only in York New.

"(Y/n)," Kurapika spoke up beside you grabbing your attention. "It seems your enjoying your meal." A smile broke out on his face as he witnessed your cheeks turning pink.

"What can I say!," You began, taking another bite of your sandwich. "They make the best ones here, and considering I haven't been to York New in so long makes me cherish this so much more!" He laughed at your childish ways. Then a thought came to your head.

"Wait are you having second thoughts on not buying one?" You said thinking out loud. He chuckled, glancing at you.

"Well, by the way your enjoying it I might as well regret my decision." You nodded, extending your hand holding the sandwich.

"You can have some of you'd like," You looked at him innocently. "I don't think I'll be able to finish it, so I'd appreciate the help!" He chuckled once more, appreciating the gesture he took a bite. His eyes widened in surprise. You nodded taking another bite.

"I haven't tasted anything like this before." He said chewing.

"Right! It's delicious, there are other combinations-" You began, but stopped as someone took ahold of your sandwich holding hand.

"Hey! What's the big deal!" You called out, turning around to meet the eyes of a man.

"I just thought that a cute girl like you would be better off with me tonight." He said smirking and pulling you closer.

"Let go of her." Kurapika said angerly taking ahold of the man's wrist, squeezing it tightly causing him let you go.

"You little shit don't touch me!" He spoke venomously, clenching his fists. Kurapika didn't falter, glaring daggers at the man.

"She wants nothing to do with you, so I suggest you back off before things get out of hand." He said reaching towards his wooden blades, ready to pounce. Your eyes widened, grasping his shirt sleeve. The man scoffed.

"Why don't we let the little lady decide." He said smiling turning the attention to you.

"Sorry," You began catching him off guard. "I prefer blonds." You finished off, taking ahold of Kurapika's hand and walked away, leaving the man speechless. Suddenly Kurapika stopped in his tracks, having noticed a pout evident on your face.

"What's wrong (Y/n)? Are you hurt?" He asked coming closer and cupping your cheeks. You sighed.

"No." You replied looking up at him, still pouting. He looked at you in confusion.

"Then what is it?" He asked again concern coating his voice.

"He made me drop my sandwich." You said making a troubled Kurapika chuckle in response.