I laughed and soon he joined me. But my laughter was cut off soon. And that was forever.

I heard a sob, a loud sob. My head snapped towards the door and my heart stopped beating. My sister, my 10 years sister stood there, but she was hurt. Badly.

I see her trying to steady herself, but it was difficult. I shot up from my seat along with Ethan.

"Gwen!" I yelled and ran towards her just in time to catch her. She went limp in my arms.

"It hurts, Will." She whimpered.

"No, no, no!" I called as tears ran down my eyes. "Call an ambulance."

No, she can't leave me. Nothing will happen to her. I promised to protect her. She is hurt. My baby sister.

"I'm feeling sleepy, Will," I heard her mutter.

My eyes widen. "No, Gwen. Stay awake. You're fine."

But it was too late. Her eyes rolled back and she went completely limp in my arms.

"No. Gwen! Wake up," I shook her. But she didn't open her eyes. "Damn! Where the fuck is the ambulance?"

"It's coming," I heard Ethan say. I looked up to see him crying and his eyes were focused on Gwen.

Soon, I heard the sirens. I couldn't pay attention as the paramedics came in and took Gwen from my arms and in the ambulance. I went with them.

"Call Dad." I ordered Ethan. He nodded. I saw my family rushing in the car with us. I looked at Ryan who was crying in mom's arms. He was her twin. If anything happened to her, I know, Ryan will be the most affected.

Soon we were at the hospital. I was waiting outside as they took Gwen inside. Everyone came in running. I told them to take Gwen in to a private room. They said money was large, but I didn't care. We had all the money we need. We just wanted Gwen.

We all waited in waiting room. Ryan and Max were hugging Mom. Blake was hunched in the chair. Ethan, Nate were standing there, looking in a distance. Dad was pacing around and talking on the phone.

"I want him in jail. Do you understand?!" He yelled at the other side of phone. "I don't care. Find that piece of a shit! Or else you are out. I'll ruin you!"

He ended the call and paced around muttering curse words under his breath. I sighed. He must have taken it hard too. We all have.

"Gwen Wilson?" I heard the doctor. I rushed towards him.

"What? What happened?" I asked, panicking.

The doctor smiled a little. It's a good sign right?

"She is fine. All out of danger," he informed. Relief flooded in me. "But."

I tensed again. But is never good. "But what?" Nate asked.

"She has a major problem in head. She hit her head hard against the wall which caused the main nerve a hit. It's not too bad, but it's not good either. She might have headache, vomiting and she might feel dizziness. It's hard to heal from that injury." He said, apologetically.

"Can we meet her?" Mom asked, tears streaming down her face.

"One person at a time. She isn't awake, but you can see her." The doctor informed. "Mr. Wilson, I would like you to come with me for some procedure."

Dad nodded and walked with him. "I'll be back."

"Can I go first?" We heard a small voice. I looked down at Ryan. He was 10 too. I crouched down to his level.

"You can go buddy. But go with Mom okay? Your sister is sleeping." I smoothened. He nodded and went in with Mom.

Dad came back as I turned to looked at him. "She has some broken bones and a fractured leg."

I sighed and slumped against the seat. "It's all my fault."

"No, it's not Will." Dad said, firmly.

"I'm her big brother, Dad. She relies on me. I let her down. I let somebody hurt her." I whispered, dejectedly.

Dad just sighed and hugged me. We stayed there for a while. Everyone went in and visited her. I was last one to go. Nate informed that she was awake, but wasn't speaking to anyone, nor was she recognising us. Just staring outside the window.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw her sitting in the same position as others described. She didn't even turn her head towards me. I saw the wires connected to her body and her forehead wrapped in white gauze.

"Gwen," I called as I sat next to her. "Please baby, say something."

She didn't say anything. She didn't move. After a few seconds, I saw it. I saw a lone tear run down her eyes. "It was horrible."

That was all she said. That was all she explained. Gwen never talked about it to anyone. When we brought her back home, we heard her cry so many times. In the middle of the night, she would come in my room and sleep next to me, not before crying. It broke my heart. But she never said anything about that day. One night, she cried so much that she didn't sleep the whole night.

From that day, I promised myself that I'll live for her. I'll do anything for my sister. I'll protect her. That day, we lost our smile, because Gwen lost her smile. That day made me mature. Girls didn't matter. All that matters is Gwen.

**

It's a short chapter. But hopefully you like it. The hospital thing is all I planned. I don't think there is any problem related to head and all, not that I know of. I made it up.

It's a story. I'll do anything I want related to it. So don't say, there isn't a problem like this and all. It's a fiction. It goes according to me.

Just a warning, because I don't want anyone complaining or anything.

As for the chapter. I hope you all understood the way I wrote. Now, it's all open about her past. From next chapter, it will go back to the present time. Meaning, back to when she saw Ashton kissing Stacey. And Tyler came back. These two chapters, I kept it for her past. If you guys have any problem relating, let me know. If you didn't understand anything. Until then

Read vote comment. :)