Chapter 4- Mistakes

*Ali’s POV*

I run into the bathroom, trying to fix my mess of a hair do. It ends up back in the messy bun that is started in, because it is really and truly hopeless. I look through my closet, not really caring anymore if I look bad. Not like anything’s going to happen. I pick out a creeper shirt, avoiding the Sparklez gear, because Mitch didn’t seem to like it too much the last time. Mitch. The boy I’ve always had a fangirl crush on. I didn’t think of him as real. But now that I’ve meet him, and that initial buzz is starting to wear off, I’m seeing him in a new light. What that is, I can’t say.

I drive over slowly, blasting the radio “Waiting for superman, to pick her up!” I sing in my high, clear voice. I love this song. I’ve always thought of Jordan when I heard it. He is the Captain, after all.

I watch for the house, and when I see it, I know. It’s pretty big. And if I though Mitch had money, Adam has more. I ring the doorbell nervously, pulling down my sleeves. It’s a habit of mine. I don’t like to talk about why.

Jerome opens the door. I think I catch a glimpse of surprise in his eyes. “MITCH!” he yells up the stairs. “COMING!!!” I hear back. Jerome smiles. “So, come in!” I grin, the situation unbearably awkward. For me, anyways.  I try not to gape at the place, its massive.

*Mitch’s POV*

I take a deep breath and jog down the stairs. I see her as I come down, and smile. Unfortunately, this distraction does not bode well for my feet. I manage to fall on my face on the last step.  Well god. This is embarrassing. I stand up quickly, grinning through the pain in my face. She has her hand over her mouth laughing. Jerome is absolutely cracking up. I glare at him, and he stops. She gestures to my nose “You’re bleeding.” I feel blood coming from my nose. Opps. “Hi, by the way.” She smiles. “You should take care of that.” She looks at my nose. I nod “Right.” And run back up the stairs.

*Ali’s POV*

I blink once, still grinning from Mitch’s clumsiness. As he runs to fix up his injury, Jerome looks at me. I glance around. Then, in a hushed tone, he says “Look, I don’t want to say that Mitch is a bad guy, or leading you on or anything…” he pauses, and I cross my arms, worried and slightly offended. “But he told me, not 3 months ago, that he would never date a fan. He swore it.” My heart falls. Why am I even here? “I’m not saying it won’t happen… but be careful.” Jerome finishes. I smile weakly. “Thank you Jerome.” He nods. “Anytime.” He then glances up as Mitch comes back down the stairs, his nose no longer bleeding. He smirks, whispering “Enjoy yourself.” Then he leaves, almost as quietly as he came.

Mitch smiles at me “So what do you want to do?” I shrug “Ummm, movie?” His face lights up. “HUNGER DEANS!!!”  And he runs out of the room. I follow him down two flights of stairs into what seems like the basement. There is a massive TV mounted on the back wall. I whistle. He looks at me “You like it?” I nod obviously, and plop down onto the couch, feeling a bit more relaxed.  He puts in the movie and sits down next to me. I glance at him. He’s actually pretty close. Not that I mind or anything, but Jerome’s words linger in my mind.

*Mitch’s POV*

I look over at her, realizing the small smile on her face, which seems to be fairly rare. I cross my legs, enjoying this already.