"It's supposed to allow you to focus on something else other than...you know. How is everything, Tyler? We haven't really spoken about the fact that -"

"There's not much to talk about. I mean, he's back, and there's nothing I can possibly do to stop it so what's the point in talking?" I didn't want to have this conversation. Rose would be back soon and I couldn't have her finding out. It would only worry her more.

"The point is that I care about my best friends well-being. When he was in your mind before, well, you remember how that went. It just scared me. I don't want you to do something stupid because you give into your thoughts," He explained, finishing with the metal beams of the treehouse.

"Help me level the platform, please," I asked, holding onto one side of the wooden structure. He obliged and the progress was finally showing.

"I appreciate your concern, Josh, really I do. You just wouldn't understand. I'm sure you thought I was crazy the last time we had a conversation about him -"

" - Ty, stop, don't ever say shit like that. You aren't crazy. We all have voices and demons that get to us sometimes. With you, it's just a little more prominent and consistent, and that's fine. It's just a matter of how you fight the urge to cave in," His point made was well done. One I couldn't argue with nonetheless.

"Let's just focus on my distraction treehouse for now, yeah? I'll be okay, Josh. I know to find you if I need anything."

"Of course. Are you considering telling Rosemary?"

That was the question I was afraid of answering. Rose did not know a single thing about Blurryface. It wasn't something I was proud of, and I couldn't have that pressure placed on her.

"Perhaps an easier way of not telling her about me would be to...let her go?"

His chuckles sent a shiver down my spine, "Shut up," I mumbled back, remembering what Josh had told me earlier within our conversation.

"Hm?" Josh's head shot to the side, glancing at me, "Did you say something, Ty?"

"Nope, nothing at all."

"Boys!" The girls greeted happily, "Ryan and I just finished with your freshly made lemonade. You two look like you need a glass," Rose's lips curved upwards as she held up the large glass jug of juice, obviously content with her ability to create the sweet drink.

Her smile, though, would never have me stop melting.

"Ah, thank you," Josh seemed incredibly relived and thankful to take a glass from Ryan's outstretched hand. The sweat trailing down his body was proof as to how much he was working, "We're about halfway there now, it's just a matter of installing the deck, putting in the wall layouts and finishing the roof. We've already built the railings and finished putting the ladder together. I think it's coming along well."

I nodded in agreement, "We should be finished in about...-"

"A week, give or take, but that's if we work on this thing everyday consistently," Josh turned towards me, shrugging, "And I'm not sure that's too reasonable."

Rose trailed slowly towards me as Ryan had gotten into conversation with Josh. "Is it helping?" She'd asked sincerely, placing a glass of lemonade in my hand.

"Honestly, it does seem to take my mind off of things that aren't, you know, good to have on your mind?" My tone seemed to make it sound like a question rather than a confident statement.

She placed a hand on my stomach, "No, that's great Tyler. I'm glad it's having some sort of impact. That's all I really want you to get out of this."

"Of course, Rose. You know I appreciate you looking out for me. It's also nice to have some one-to-one time with Josh, as well. It feels like we've just been so busy with our own priorities to even have a good conversation anymore. At least now we have an opportunity to catch up and bond," I explained, sipping on the sour drink.

The smile on her face said it all. Rose embraced me tightly, "I'm so glad," and after kissing me quickly on the neck, she had gone to ask Josh about the day.

"You don't deserve her, Tyler."

He'd startled me, almost causing me to choke on my lemonade. I tried to ignore him, wandering over suddenly in a sneakily manner back inside the house and to my room to seem less suspicious.

"Stop," I mumbled, closing my bedroom door shut behind me.

"You know it, too. She would be better off without you."

My fingers tugged at my hair as I sat cross-legged on the carpet, the mirror facing me. Slowly, his red presence appeared in front of me, "Leave me alone!"

"LEAVE HER ALONE TYLER!"

"No!" I screamed, trying to push myself away from him hurriedly. He followed behind me, "Break up with her, Tyler. I'm sure you can understand that you're too worthless for a girl like Rosemary. You mean absolutely nothing, and she pities you."

"No, that isn't true. She loves me," The tears felt warm around my face as my back hit the wall. I was rocking back and forth, in hopes that I could remain calm.

"Does she now? Do you really believe anyone could actually love you? Hah, you're even more pathetic and despiteful than I thought before."

Suddenly, the door swinging open had alarmed me, and in seconds he had disappeared, and a familiar face was in front of me.

"Ty? Who were you screaming at?"