Like Butterflies and Shit

"Wakey, wakey!"

I groaned and rolled on my back. "No."

"Yes", Eskild said. "It's eight o'clock, time to get up!"

"No!" Jonas, Mahdi, Magnus and I yelled.

Worst part about this summer camp was that we had to get up eight in the morning. It was only the second day and I was already done with waking up so early. I wasn't a morning person by any means. In fact, I was barely a person during the mornings.

"Seriously, guys, you have to wake up", Eskild said.

I cracked one eye open and looked at him. He was already fully dressed and was standing in the middle of the cabin, looking at all of us, frowning.

"Chill, dad", I said and yawned. He shot a glare at me and I sat up, lifting up my hands. "Alright, alright, I'm up."

"You have one hour to get ready, breakfast is at nine."

"Noted."

He left the cabin and I got out of the bed, looking at Jonas who was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"I hate these mornings", Jonas mumbled.

"Me too", I said.

"Do we have to go the shower?" Mahdi mumbled. "I don't feel like going."

"I don't know about you but I'm going", I said and grabbed my towel. "Anyone else?"

We had two shower rooms, one for the girls and one for the guys. There we had the toilets and the showers. Of course, you had to walk to the Great Hall but it was fine. I was used to it.

"I'm coming", Magnus mumbled.

"Me too just give a second", Jonas said.

"I will stay and sleep until nine", Mahdi said and sunk back down on his bed.

I searched my toothbrush while Jonas tried to get himself out of the bed. It took fifteen minutes before we finally got out of the cabin and into the showers. We showered quickly, talking about what spot we should go first. There was eight showers so there was a line of guys waiting for their turn by the time we got out of the showers. We walked back to the cabin and changed clothes. It was almost nine when we woke up Mahdi and went back to the Great Hall.

Eskild was already sitting at our table and most of the campers were in the dining room. We sat down and Mahdi pressed his head against his hands, yawning.

"I'm so not awake yet", he mumbled.

I chuckled and patted his back. "There, there."

We ate in silence since no one was in the mood to talk. But as the time passed everyone started to feel slightly better and more awake. And by the time we had finished our breakfast and went to the first spot, we were already chatting happily and joking around.

We decided together to go to arts spot since it felt like easiest choice since we didn't feel like swimming or singing or anything else, it was still a little bit too early. Granted, we had went to swimming yesterday but it was totally different thing, we hadn't had the chance to swim in months so of course we wanted to do it right away.

We entered the art room and my eyes immediately spotted Even sitting there, sketching something. I looked at him. He look good. He was biting his lip due the fact that he was concentrating so hard. He hadn't even noticed us walking in, nor did he notice when a few of girls who I didn't know walked in and glanced at him and giggled. I rolled my eyes. Two more guys walked in and then everyone just sat around, waiting.