Chapter5-Sometimes I Remember

*****Time Skip to end of day***

Andy's' P.O.V-

"So where 'abouts do you live?" Ashley asked me as we walked into the schools
car park.

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Well apart from the jock being a dick to Ashley but that was about it. People did call me names and they did stare but it was nothing compared to my last school.

*Flashback*

"Hey fag!" A voice jeered from behind causing me to flinch.

I brushed off my least favourite insult and continued walking.

"Hey! Am talking to you asshole!" They shouted again as a firm hand clamped down on my shoulder and forced me to turn around.

I was face to face with Danny,so close I could feel his rancid breath on my features. He drew back his fist and seconds later it collided with my stomach. He punched in the same spot again and again until I fell to the floor. Danny kicked at my ribs with his steel toed boots until we both heard a loud crack. He spat on my face and quickly walked away,leaving me alone on the ground.

*End of flashback*

"Andy! Andy are you okay?" Ashley's worry snapped me out of my thoughts and I realised I was in his arms once again.

Hot tears were streaming down my face and my body was shaking all over.

"What h-happened?" I asked Ashley,gripping onto his shirt tighter for balance.

"You 'sorta passed out and started shaking. You were about to fall so I caught you but you still wouldn't wake up. I was so worried.."

"O-oh." It must have been another panic attack,I get them a lot so it was no big deal.

"You're okay now though,right?" Ashley asked softly.

"Yeah. I just 'wanna get home and have a cat-nap." I laughed at my little joke that,no-doubt,confused Ashley.

"I can give you a ride if you want?"

"N-no,I wouldn't want to bother you."

"It wouldn't bother me at all and what kind of friend would I be if I let you walk home alone straight after having a panic attack?" Ashley rambled on as he helped me too my feet.

"Soo..where do you live?" He asked cutely.

************************************

"Are we still alive!? I asked,my eyes clamped shut and my claws digging into Ashley's sides.

Turns out,Ashley had a Harley so the ride home was eventful to say the least. I'd never been on a motorcycle before and I refused to open my eyes the entire journey.

"Yeah,we're alive but I think you've punctured my kidney." Ashley panted as he pulled the key out of the ignition,turning off the engine.

"Sorry Ashes." I giggled flirtatiously as I withdrew my claws and sat back slightly.

He huffed playfully and slid off of the bike. Ashley wrapped his hands around my waist and picked me up,setting me on the ground.

"So I'm guessing you don't want a ride to school tomorrow?" He laughed.

"No,thank you." I chuckled.

Ashley laughed adorably and we said our goodbyes. As I was about to turn around and walk into my house,Ashley grabbed my hand lightly and placed a slip of paper in my palm. He winked and hopped back onto his bike before speeding off.

I looked down at the scrap of paper in my hand and saw ten digits and the words 'my number' scribbled beneath it. I sighed contently and kissed the note before placing it in my back pocket.

"He was cute." My moms voice rang as she walked onto the porch.

"I know." I giggled as I walked up to her,only to be met with a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"How was your first day,kitten?" She asked,scratching behind her ear.

"Good I guess. Didn't get beaten up." I said happily,following my mom back into our house.

"So,what's his name?" She asked with a knowing smirk.

I love my mom. She's all I have considering my dad walked out on us when I was born. He has another family now and said he wanted nothing to do with us.

"Ashley Purdy..he's really nice. He helped me to all my lessons today and gave me a ride home on his Harley.." I breathed,feeling my stomach fill with butterfly's as I said his name.

"Someone likes PurdyBoy.." My mom chuckled as she started making dinner.

After we ate,I went upstairs to get a quick shower while my mom watched tv. Walking into the small bathroom,I turned on the hot water,stripped down and stood under the spray. I ran my fingers through my long black hair as the water cascaded down my body. My ears twitched as they became exposed. It did hurt hiding them all day but I'm slowly getting used to it.

When I was finally finished,I turned the water off,stepped out and wrapped a towel loosely around my hips. Walking back into my bedroom, I put on some batman pajama pants and ran back down stairs to say goodnight to my mom.

I crawled into my bed and the only thought running through my head was Ashley. He's perfect in every way,it's not just his looks or his personality,he has both. The very thought of him made me let out a loud purr and I buried myself into my black bed sheets.
I closed my eyes and let sleep overcome me,a Purdy filled slumber.