Chapter4-Dark Past,Brighter Future

Ashley's P.O.V-

"Does your lip hurt?" Andy asked,leaning in closer to get a better look.

I licked my lips and tasted my own blood,feeling a slight sting when my tongue ran over the cut.

"Damn..." I heard Andy whisper almost silently.

"What was that?" I asked,shocked.

"Oh hmm..nothing I just wondered if you were o-okay." He stuttered nervously.

We sat and ate together. I showed Andy some of the lyrics I wrote and he said they were pretty good,which made me blush. I don't know what it is but I'm really nervous around him, I blush at basically everything he says.

"Ashley?" Andy's voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I looked up into his mesmerising,baby blue eyes.

"When did you...first..realise y-you were gay?" He asked,looking down and avoiding my gaze.

It took me a couple of seconds to think about it,then I replied "I guess I've always known. It's just-I'd had girlfriends but it never felt right with them,when we kissed 'n stuff..Things never worked out and then one day I met this guy,Adam. He told me he loved me and we kissed,it felt right for once but..it meant nothing to him.."

"He lied to you?"

"Yeah,he just wanted the attention. He thought if he got bullied enough at school,his mom would actually give a shit and be there for him for once. He never thought about me though.." I felt a single tear slide down my face at the memory.

Adam moved to California last year. I hate him so much for what he did to me. I meant nothing to him. He'd break up with me,say I meant nothing,then want me back the next day. It was torture and it ate me alive. He used me to get attention from an uncaring mother and it didn't even work. I'm hated throughout the entire school because of his little scheme and him? He's gone and most likely,happier than me..

I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and I immediately broke down. Andy ran his fingers through my hair and shushed me as I sobbed into his chest. I could hear the blood rushing through his veins as he held me there. The tears still fell down my face as I subtly inhaled his amazing scent.
If only he knew...

Andy's P.O.V-

I hated seeing Ashley cry,it just breaks my heart. Thankful he'd calmed down,I held him closer and rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't object and ran his fingers up and down my back,causing me to let out the smallest of purrs.

We pulled away and I looked at Ashley,only to see his make-up had ran down his face. He looked like a lost member of Kiss.

I let out a little giggle and pulled a compact out of my bag.

"Here." I said handing him the small mirror. "Your make-up.."

"Ermm..uh,thanks. " Ashley mumbled.

He opened up the compact and sighed. It was really confusing actually because from my angle,I couldn't see his reflection at all..weird.

Ashley took a tissue out of his pocket and wiped under his eyes gently.

"Is it gone?" He asked quietly.

"Almost..just a little.." I licked the tip of my thumb and moved a little black speck of mascara from his cheek. "There."

Ashley blushed madly and I gave a lopsided grin.

A loud bell rang,signalling it was time to go back to lessons. I followed Ashley down the bleachers and back to the school.