Aanya: I lost my parents when I was a kid

I looked at her and couldn't believe what I just heard.

Me: How?

I asked softly because I didn't want to hurt her. I knew the feeling by losing my mom and then dad because of him being sad.

Aanya: They died in a car accident when I was 5 years old

That did it. I felt myself crumbling down for the first time after many years. I just couldn't be strong enough now. I was strong for a long time now I don't know what was there for me in future but one thing was clear I had to look after my sister. After few days grandma told us that dad was getting married and we're going to get a new mom. Aahna was very happy hearing this I couldn't blame her because she hadn't experienced the love of parents. But I can't accept someone in place of my mother, I refused to give my mom's place to anyone. So you must know how shocked I was to find Ms. Aanya was the one who married my dad and was going to our mother. I honestly felt relieved almost happy that she was the one who is our mom now but then all the moments spend with mom came rushing I couldn't bring myself to accept Ms. Aanya as my mother. But Ms. Aanya was understanding and told me to just accept her as an aunt or a friend because she understands what it feels like to lose not only a mother but also a father. I felt relaxed and refreshing when she understood me. The next days past by in a blur because Ms. Aanya was taking care of Aahna and now I'm getting enough time for myself and to spend the day with dad. But then the accident happened when me and Aahna were playing the hot tea fell on her hand. I was frozen in the place when dad got angry but most importantly because the hurt and pain in Ms. Aanya's eyes I couldn't see her crying and that's the day I realised she's my mom. Divya mom gave birth to me but Aanya mom is taking care of me. I'm lucky I got two mom's in my life just like Lord Krishna. I was tired to fight all the feelings and Ms. Aanya showed me that it's okay not to be strong all the time and I'm just a kid at last who wants nothing but my parents love and affection. It was the day of results when I went with dad to office and from there we went to school. We were just going to enter my class when dad's phone rang and told me to just wait for sometime. He went away to answer his phone, I stood there for a while but then thought I could wait for him in the class. I started walking to class when someone blocked my way. I looked up and saw the same three grade boys who don't waste any chance of bullying me. I signed and rolled my eyes. Don't they have any other work to do because their comments are actually not affecting me as they used too. I tuned them out when they started teasing me because it's always the same and I've heard it many times before.

Me: Are you all done?

Everyone stopped laughing as soon as I said that.

Me: And who said I don't have mom?

???: Oh yeah then who's your mom?

Someone said that I didn't bother to look who it was and answered.

Me: Ms. Aanya is my mom

Suddenly someone touched my shoulder making me jump and turn around but as soon as I saw Aanya mom I relaxed and hugged her waist tightly not wanting to let go. She wrapped her hands around me and caging me in her warmth, love and let me tell you it was the best thing that has happened to me in years.

Mom: You kids you are elder than him and you were bullying him just because he lost his mother. I want all of you in the principal's office now with your parents. This type of behaviour will not be tolerated in school.

Mom scolded them for bullying me. We then went to class and I was shocked to see Aahna too but happy because we all were there as a family. After that we soon left the school when something unexpected happened. Mom placed Aahna in dad's arms and quickly started crossing the road again. Dad looked so shocked but suddenly he handed her to me and screamed mom's name. I quickly took Aahna and saw dad pushing mom out of the way from the speeding truck falling down making Aahna scream.

Aahna: Mummy

I was plain shocked and tightened my hold on Aahna when she started crying. When they both came towards us Aahna quickly hugged mom and she reassured both her and me that she was fine. Mom wiped my tears that I didn't even realise, I was crying. We went to the doctor and bandaging mom's hand then going to the restaurant for lunch. After coming back home I started packing since we were leaving with grandpa and grandma. When that accident happened I felt as if I was going to lose Aanya mom too but thank god dad saved mom because I don't know if anything happened to mom this time I just couldn't have been strong as I was when Divya mom passed away. Soon we left mom and dad, I actually didn't want to go but I knew that grandma wants them to stay together. So I convinced Aahna to leave but not before hugging mom and dad. We left in the evening so we're going to reach probably in the morning next day.