《4》

Same Day

Aanya's P.O.V

I woke up and saw the time it was 5:55 am as usual. I wake up everyday before the alarm rings. So I stopped the alarm before it rings and got up to do my morning routine. This place is still new for me but I'm adjusting. I used to stay in Gujarat but due to my step sister's modelling career we had to shift here in Mumbai. And I had to leave everything back i.e my friends because I'm an orphan, uncle is only one in the family who loves me. Anyway but I'm glad at least my best friend came here with me Aditi. We're both school teachers and specialist with the kids. We got an awesome job in one of the best school in India and that to together. I took a quick shower and wore my purple churidar (leggings) with white kurti which had lace sleeves and purple dupatta (scarf). I wore my white watch on left hand, silver bangles on right hand and silver earrings and payal (anklet). I was already wearing my gold chain without locket and tied my hair in a ponytail. I took my bag kept my necessary things and books along with some money. I went to the kitchen for preparing breakfast and tea for everyone. That's basically my everyday routine. I don't know why my family hates me so much that's one of the reasons why I have to work as a servant in my own house. We stay at Marine Lines in 3 bedroom apartment, I should be thankful for my uncle it's because of him I at least got a bedroom otherwise I would have to sleep in the living room or kitchen. No don't get shocked I'm serious if any crisis comes I'm the one who has to give up on room and sleep elsewhere. I ate my breakfast along with uncle because I know my aunty and step sis will not eat with me. I seriously don't understand their logic; they will not eat with me but eat the food prepared by me. Anyway I said my goodbye to uncle and left for school. I teach in Ryan International School. It's a part of St. Xavier Group of Schools. Many billionaire kids go to this school. But me and Aditi got the job because of one kid named Aakash Rai; I don't know what's with that kid, he's always angry, he acts mature for his age and picking up fights with other kids, misbehaving with teachers but other than that, his eyes hold pain, hurt, anger, longing. We're assigned the job to take care of him or change him, I don't know but anything before that I'm trying to understand him so that I can help him in anyway possible. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when I reached the bus stop. I looked up and saw one of the bus coming, which goes to my stop at school but before I could climb, I remembered that I totally forgot to take the class test papers. So I started running back home, bus stop is 15 minutes away from my apartment building. Sometimes I wish the bus stop should have been just outside my apartment building so it could have been easier for me. But there's no point of thinking what ifs. When I reached the building, thank god I got the elevator. While in the elevator I tried to catch my breath. The elevator reached the 20th floor and I dashed out and rang the door bell. Vaishali opened the door and I went in hurriedly but stopped when I saw that we had a guest. There was a lady wearing a saree and they were having breakfast. Vaishali went towards them catching the lady's attention. I don't know if I should stay here and attend her or go and collect the test papers. I didn't have to decide because uncle saw me.

Uncle: Beta come here

I went towards them. They stood up and turned to face me. I saw the lady and she seemed familiar but I don't know where I have seen her.

Uncle: Roshni behen ye Aanya hai mere bade bhaiya ki beti

(Roshni sister she's Aanya my big brother's daughter)

Me: Namaste aunty

(Hello aunty)

I went and touched her feet smiling but when I stood up she engulfed me in a hug. Of course I hugged her back a little confused.

Roshni Aunty: Remember me beta?

She asked me but seeing my confused face she continued.

Roshni Aunty: I met you at the temple

I tried to remember and suddenly it clicked me that she was the lady who got flower in her coconut. She's so lucky. I smiled.

Me: Yeah I remember. Um aunty I would have loved to talk to you but I'm getting late for school

Roshni Aunty: Oh no no it's ok you go I'll talk to you some other time

Me: Thanks bye aunty

Roshni Aunty: Bye beta

I took my papers and left for school again.

Not thinking anything about this meeting