《7》

Aadarsh's P.O.V

Am I doing the right thing by marrying again? But I can't see my mom and dad like this. They have done so much for me, all these years and never complained about anything. So if marrying again will make them happy so be it. And what's with this rain today, it's raining heavily from morning. I reached the court, got out running in the rain after locking the car. I went inside and saw my parents but no one else. Seeing me looking here and there mom said.

Mom: They will be here shortly

I nodded and ran my hand through my hair which became messy due to rain. Suddenly a lady came in and smiled. She must be Aanya's mom.

Aunty: Aanya's here

Behind her came in a man, I think her husband so he must be Aanya's dad. I don't even know how she looks like just her name and nothing else. Then came a girl, I couldn't see her properly because mom went and hugged her. She was wearing yellow churidar, red kurti with yellow dupatta. When they broke away from the hug, she touched my mom's feet.

Mom: God bless you beta

She then came and touched dad's feet. She had brown hair, she was wearing copper bangles on right hand and watch on left hand, gold earrings, silver payal on her feet with red flats.

Dad: God bless you beta. I had seen you when you were just a kid, you're so grown up now.

Dad's statement made me a little confused, he knows her and how do I know nothing about them. She then turned towards me with so much emotions in her eyes. It was first hope, friendliness but they turned disappointed, scared and determined. She smiled at me which brought dimples visible in her cheeks. She was fair skinned which was flushed pink due to rain, she had cute small nose and red plum lips. She was looking at me as if she could see right through me in my soul making me uncomfortable so I broke my gaze away from her. We then stood together in front of the lawyer. The lawyer asked us if we agree to marry each other to which we both nodded. He gave the register for us to sign. I signed first than passed the register towards her. She took the pen but she stopped and looked at me. Her eyes were widened as if shocked. Then she looked back at my parents and her parents, then back to the register. What's with her, why is she shocked? She then signed the register and turned to face me. Mom brought a box towards us and opened it. Mangalsutra. It brought back so many memories. Divya. Our Marriage. Aakash and then the day she died. I feel like I'm cheating on her and our love. No it's not like I'm going to give her Divya's place. No one can replace her. She's just like a nanny to take care of my kids. She'll never be my wife, not now not ever. With that I took out the mangalsutra from the box and step closer to her. I wrapped my arms around her and clasped the hook behind her neck. When my fingers touched her, she shivered. I took a step back and saw she was flustered not meeting my gaze. She looked so shy, fragile and innocent. Not at all like Divya, where my Divya was bold, confident and feisty; Aanya was a total opposite. Where my Divya could kiss me easily standing on her feet but Aanya's head just reached under my chin. Aanya's dad came holding sindoor ki dibbi (vermilion box) in his hand. I took a pinch of sindoor in between my thumb and index finger and filled her maang (partition between hair on the forehead). We then touched my parents feet.

Dad: God bless you both and be happy

Mom: God bless you both, I wish you both get all the happiness in your life. And thank you so much Aanya

We then touched her parents feet.

Aunty: Khush raho (Be happy)

Uncle: Khush raho aur please beta meri beti ka dhyan rakhna

(Be happy and please son take of my daughter)

Aanya hugged her dad and cried in his arms. When they broke away from the hug, we went out and saw a girl around Aanya's age. She was wearing jean shorts and brown top. Is she Aanya's sister? She was standing with two suitcases.

Aanya: Thanks Vaishali

She said and took the suitcase from her.

Vaishali: Hi I'm Vaishali

She said twirling her hair. I shook her hand and just nodded. Was she hitting on me? Is she serious? Aanya hugged her dad once more, touched her dad's and mom's feet and came towards me with her bags. She didn't hug her mom and her mom was not at all crying in fact she was sporting a smirk almost evil. Weird. I took one of her bag and dragged it towards my car and she followed. I kept her bag in the back seat also the one which she was dragging. I thought by now the rain would have slowed down but no it was continuing raining heavily. I turned around and saw Aanya standing behind me holding an umbrella above both our heads. Behind her I my parents smiling at us and then went towards their car. I opened the passenger door for her. She hesitated at first but then sat in the car. I sat on the driver's seat and started the car to go home. After sometime I stole a glance at Aanya and saw she was looking out the window, she wiped her face with a trembling hand and her hand was clenching and unclenching her dupatta. I don't know what came over me, I patted her hand with my left hand making her look at me shocked. Again she was looking at me as if she could see right through me in my soul. I took my hand away and drove off without looking at her.

When we reached my penthouse apartment, I saw my parents car already parked in the basement. So we got in the private elevator to the penthouse. When we reached there we removed our footwear outside the door and went inside because they were muddy. Mom and dad were waiting for us in the living room. Aanya went and touched my parents feet.

Dad: No need for this, you're like our daughter

Mom: Which we never had

I left them there and went upstairs to my room.