《9》

Aanya's P.O.V

When we entered the house, I didn't know what to expect but what I saw in front of me left me in awe. I took a glance at Aadarsh we didn't talk, I was nervous, scared, sad but when Aadarsh comforted me, I felt an immense joy in my heart. I don't know what to expect from this marriage but I'll try my best to make this work. I know it will take time but I will be careful. I talked with Roshni Aunty and met with Aakash and Aahna. I knew that Aakash was not going to accept me but what I didn't knew was that he has a sister. She's an angel and she accepted me with open arms. I shouldn't have felt like this but when she hugged me and called me mummy, it felt right. I wanted to keep her in my embrace and protect her from this cruel world. It must me that I didn't have a proper childhood after my parents death and I don't want her to have the same. Roshni Aunty should me around the house and rooms. And let me tell you it's a beautiful house despite being a penthouse apartment. It has a nature touch with modern style. I walked upstairs following the direction aunty said, there was a long balcony on the right side and on the left were the doors of the rooms I think. I went in the last room, it was same as the rest of the house but it had a masculine essence to it. On the right were the sliding doors to the balcony besides it was a large wardrobe, in the middle was a king size bed and to the left I think is a bathroom couch and a vanity table. I think it's my husband's room, I kept my bags besides the door and walked towards the balcony. It was still raining heavily outside and like the cold breeze it came crashing down on me what just happened. I sat down on the floor besides the bed facing the balcony to see the rains. Just like that my own waterworks started.

How am I going to survive this marriage? I know for sure that Aadarsh doesn't love me. What love he doesn't even like me? That's why his eyes held pain, hurt, anger, hatred. What about Aakash? From what I know he loves his mother every much. Will he ever accept me? I know for sure that my in-laws are going to support me but for how long? And how can my uncle whom I see as my father can do this to me? I bet my aunty is behind all this otherwise if it would have been my uncle's sole decision I wouldn't have been here. At least he should have informed me, so that I could have prepared myself mentally. But what about me? I didn't want to be married like this, I wanted to fall in love experience all the things in a relationship and then get married and if arranged marriage, I wanted my parents to select my groom. Being an Indian girl, I had dreams to get married with all those rituals and enjoy them with my family and friends. Friends oh god, I have to talk to Aditi about all this, she's the only one who can understand me better than anyone else in this world.

By now I was sobbing loudly and trying to muffle it by keeping my mouth in my knees. I was shivering so I wrapped my arms around my legs and it started raining heavily than before if that was even possible. Someone cleared their throat making me instantly stop crying. I hurriedly wiped my tears with my hands and stood up. I wiped my face with my dupatta to make sure there are no marks on my face and turned around. There stood my husband in his Alpha Male glory.

Where did that thought came from?

Aadarsh: Are you alright?

I looked up at him. He was wearing black sweatpants and white t shirt. His t shirt was tight, so I could make out his abs and muscles through it. I locked my eyes with him which turned soft brown.

Does he really have brown eyes or am I imagining it or is it the lights in the room are making his eyes look soft, warm almost concerned?

Me: I'm fine

A comfortable silence fell upon us but it was not for long. I wished it should have stayed for long but just like every time it will stay as one of my dreams.

Aadarsh: Look I don't know what my mom told you regarding this stupid marriage to you but let me make myself clear today itself. You are here only to take care of my kids and parents. I don't want to get your hopes high. I'll give you rights, freedom, money monthly and a place as my wife in my family but not in my heart. Is that clear?

I don't know what to say? I was suddenly frozen on my place. My hands and feet turned cold and now I was shivering for another reason. My throat felt constricted but I forced myself to speak.

Me: Crystal

My voice was hoarse from crying and trying to not cry again.

Me: Um my room?

I asked awkwardly because he made himself clear that he doesn't want to do anything with me. He was now looking at me as if trying to solve a mystery. I shuffled my feet and looked everywhere but him.

Aadarsh: You can take the room next to mine

I nodded and hurriedly walked out of his room with my bags to the next room. I closed the door and leaned on it taking deep breaths to not start crying again. I tried to not think anything about what just happened and focus on the room in front of me. The room was same as my husband's but it didn't have a balcony but a window, I wished that it could have a balcony but it's like my fate or destiny is not in my favour these days. I walked towards my left to the couch kept my dupatta, purse on it and walked in the bathroom. I washed my face and freshened up. I wanted to take a bath but decided against it. I walked back in my room and looked around. It looks like this was a guest room but now I think it's mine there was everything but not a bookshelf so I have to make some arrangements. I tied my hair up in a low messy bun and kept a stick to keep it in place. I took my bags, started cleaning the room and keeping my clothes in the wardrobe. I might as well get settled down and keep myself distracted so I don't start crying again.