《1》

Aadarsh's P.O.V

I'm so scared. Let her be alright. I prayed to God while sitting outside the Labour Room of Life Care Hospital. I felt someone keep their hand on my joined palms. I looked up and saw my mom and dad sitting either side of me.

Mom: Don't worry beta, she'll be alright. Have faith in God

Dad: Yeah and those inside are the best doctors in Mumbai

Mom squeezed my hand. I looked at her and she gave me a reassuring smile. I squeezed her hand back and held her hand in between my palms as if my life is dependent on it. After what felt like years but were 12 hours, the light above the operation theatre turned off and the doctor came out.

Me: Is everything alright doctor?

Mom: How's Divya and her baby?

Doc Suresh: She has given birth to a beautiful baby girl

A nurse came carrying a baby in pink blanket. Mom took her in her arms.

Mom: She's so adorable

Dad: What are you going to name her son?

I looked at the baby in my mom's arms and saw the same birthmark on the side of her left eye same as Divya. She opened her eyes and looked at me with so much affection that I melted right there.

Me: Aahna

I whispered. She smiled at me as if understanding what I just said. I lifted my hand to caress her face but she took a hold of my finger tightly. I tried to remove my finger but she had a strong hold.

Mom: Aww she's going to be a Daddy's girl

I removed my finger from her hold, caressed her cheek and kissed her forehead affectionately. I turned around to face the doctor again with a smile on my face but that smile wiped out as soon as I saw the doctor's face. I felt a gut feeling as if something bad is going to happen. And suddenly Aahna started crying so loudly that my mom couldn't calm her down.

Me: What's wrong doctor? Where's Divya? How is she?

Doc Suresh : I'm sorry to say this but she's not anymore. We tried our best, I'm sorry. You can go and see her.

And just like that she was gone.The love of my life left me. No she can't leave me. My mom also started crying along with Aahna. But their cries sounded distant as if I'm not there anymore. I walked in the room where Divya was there, as if I'm a robot. There she was my love, my life. Her face was pale but she still is the most beautiful girl in the world. My girl. I touched her face which was now cold. That's when I broke down. I wrapped my arms around her, buried my face in her neck and started crying.

Me: God Divya you can't leave me, I can't live without you. Come back Divya please come back. I love you. Please please please, don't leave please. You hear me you can't leave, get up Divya get up.

I was shaking her by holding her shoulders. Someone placed a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw my dad. I hugged him tightly and cried like no tomorrow.

Dad: Shh son, don't cry and calm down

After a while I calmed down, when there were no tears left anymore. I broke away from the hug and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. I looked at my mom who was silently crying while holding Aahna. The love and affection which I held for that girl is long gone. It's because of her why my Divya is not there with me. She chose her life instead of her own. I told her many times we don't want anyone else besides Aakash and we can have more kids in future, when her body is stable and take an abortion for now but she didn't listen and had to give birth to that evil murderer witch.

Me: Mom do whatever you want with this girl. Leave her in this hospital, street or outside any temple. I DON'T CARE But keep her out of my sight and away from me.

Mom: What you can't do this...!!! She's your baby.

Me: SHE'S NOT MY BABY

I yelled at her.

Dad: She has your blood. RAI Family's Blood running in her veins. She will stay with us, with you and Aakash and that's FINAL

He said in his authoritative voice which I can't deny. I stormed out of there angrily slamming the door.

Whatever he says but I'm not going to accept that girl as my daughter, not now not ever