《25》

On your demand

Aakash's P.O.V

When I lost mom, I didn't know what to do. I was lost, I thought dad will be there for me but he became distant barely talked to me or spend time with me. But I was very happy when I saw Aahna for the first time and held her in my arms. She was just like mom very pretty. I will take care of my sister and protect her from harm, just like I promised mom I would. It was hard to take care of her but whenever I was with her she was calm as if she knew I'm her big brother. I watched her grow up but I couldn't take away the sadness in her eyes because of how much she missed mom and dad. I tried really hard to bring dad closer to her but I was unsuccessful in doing so. When I started going to school, studies became the most important thing after taking care of my sister because once I grow up I wanted to be like Dadu (Granddad) and dad. School was going well but I used to feel sad when everyone's mom or dad would come to pick them up. And during parent's day I would feel like just staying home but I couldn't do that since grandma wanted me to go to school. I was angry, sad and extremely jealous of everyone because they had something I couldn't have. I just wanted someone to just understand me that I used to question God in my prayers as to why everything was like this? And why me? All the other kids who came to know that I don't have my mother with me they started teasing me, bullying me and getting me angry which always made me lose control which led me in getting lots of fight. But the teachers and principal couldn't do anything since I was just defending myself and they don't have the right to rub it in my face that they have parents and I don't. I than started my first grade, I thought just like my KG years this year was going to be the same but Ms. Aanya came as my class teacher. I thought just like all the teachers, staff and principal she was going to treat me the same with pity. But how wrong I was, she's always smiling and didn't even once look at me with pity. I thought since she doesn't know what happened with me but I knew it was going to change soon. Once again I got into a fight with grade three kids, I don't know what's their problem with me but they always come and say some rubbish things about me, mom and dad. I can tolerate whatever they say about me but I won't tolerate them insulting my parents. This time it was Ms. Aanya who stopped our fight, I thought just like every teacher she was going to scold me and take me to the principal's office, since I had quite a reputation with fights so everyone assumes that it's always me initiating the fight. But she did the quite opposite, she scolded them for fighting with me. They tried to protest but she said.

Aanya: Are you younger or elder than him?

They were quite but when she asked again they answered that they were elder than me.

Aanya: You were fighting with him for no good reason and that too three against one. I want you all to apologise to him

They were trying to protest but Ms. Aanya didn't bugged and they apologised to me reluctantly and she did something unexpected, she started checking me if I had injured myself and asked if I was alright. I smiled that day for the first time in school and nodded. She smiled back and ruffled my hair telling me to go back to class. It did something to my heart and from that day I wanted to look good in front of Ms. Aanya, I didn't want her to think anything bad about me so I started paying more attention in class, answering her questions and stopped getting into fights. I just answered to her and not anyone else because Ms. Aanya's opinion was the only thing I cared about and not other teachers. One day I was just seating on the bench besides our school playground watching elder kids all tall playing football. I wasn't actually watching because my mind was somewhere else, when Ms. Aanya came and sat besides me. Soon the parents started coming to pick up their kids when Ms. Aanya said something that caught my attention.