《2》

After 3 years

Aadarsh's Mom(Roshni) P.O.V

I walked up the stairs of the temple with only one thing on my mind. Some miracle, some magic, something anything happens so that I can get my son back. So much had changed in these 3 years. After Divya's death everything changed; my son lost his wife, his life to live, he became a shell of a person with nothing, his eyes which once held happiness, warmth, love, life are now cold, distant, anger, hatred. I only see those loving eyes when he's with Aakash. And those two innocent kids what had they done to get this fate. Aakash got a little sister in one hand but losing his mother on the other, he didn't lose only his mother that day but also a father. Yeah Aadarsh still loves Aakash but it's not the same anymore and I have seen in those little eyes how much it is affecting him but he's after all Aadarsh's son, no matter what happens he'll never say it to anyone. He's grown up for his age and more mature. He should have been able to enjoy his childhood but no that's not possible and Aahna is his life, he will do anything for his baby sister. Aahna she's an angel, she didn't even get to see her mother feel her but fate has it's own game, when I thought she would be a Daddy's girl there was no doubt because she is a Daddy's girl. She craves his love, warmth, acceptance but her dad can't even look at her, how can he? I thought bitterly because she's top to bottom a replica of Divya. Same black hair, light brown eyes and last but not the least her birthmark beside her left eye a small black spot(mole). How can the fate be so cruel.

I rang the bell of temple Lord Shiva as I reached upstairs. I gave my Thal (plate) to Pandit ji so he can honour the idol of Lord Shiva with Mata Parvati, baby Ganesh ji and Kartikai sitting in the middle with flowers. I folded my hands and closed my eyes to pray.

Please God, I came here with the only wish I have that is to please help me bring my son back. So that he can take care of his kids. Just give me a sign anything so that I can know what to do. Please God please.

Suddenly there was a huge wind, which made the bells ring so loudly that my heart started beating fast in anticipation. I opened my eyes when I heard the sound of laughter, one of them standing out.

Pandit ji: Aanya beta

I saw Pandit ji calling someone to my right. So I followed his gaze and saw a girl playing with some kids. She turned around to look at Pandit ji who was motioning her to come upstairs. She was wearing white and red churidar; red churidar, white simple sleeveless kurti and red dupatta (scarf). She had brown hair till mid back which was open, she was wearing a simple watch in her left wrist and silver bangles on the right wrist, silver payal (anklet) in her legs, gold chain without locket in her neck. She nodded at Pandit ji and started walking towards the stairs. She was barefoot so she bend down and touched the first step of the temple and touched her chest and forehead with her right hand (It's an indication of taking blessings from god). She climbed the steps and did the same thing for the last step which she did for the first step and started adjusting the dupatta on her forehead and walked past me ringing the bell. She folded her palms and prayed, then she went to Pandit ji and touched his feet.

Pandit ji: Jeeti raho aur khush raho

(Long live and be happy)

Pandit ji took two sweets from the box I gave and kept it at the feet of the idol and gave one sweet to that girl. He kept the box back on my Thal, then took the coconut, gave it's honour to God and broke it.

Pandit ji: Wah kya acha shagun hai.....!!!

(Wow such a good omen)

Me: Kya hua Pandit ji?

(What happened Pandit ji?)

Pandit ji: Aapke nariyal se fool nikala hai

(It's flower in your coconut)

He came and gave me back my Thal along with half coconut. I saw the flower in the coconut and smiled.

???: Aunty ji aap jo bhi mang ne aai thi, wo icha puri ho jayegi

(Aunty ji whatever you came here to wish is going to be fulfilled)

She said smiling at me, her smile was so bright it was as if she could light up anything and again the wind blows making the bells of the temple ring as if there is a celebration. Then she went away smiling at me one last time. I looked at her till she was no longer in vision. I turned back again to face God and looked at the coconut in my Thal. Once again the wind blew making the bells ring. Then the message was clear to me.

That girl is going to bring my lost son back