chapter 6: the escape

Your eyes studied the busy garden, and you watched as people hurried boxes of supplies in, taking inventory of them.

Pushing past the crowd of sweaty men, you hurried towards the open gate; your escape. You glued your eyes to your torn shoes, nervously biting your lip. Grabbing a box from the ground, you tried to blend in. 

You looked up, finding that you were past the gate. You turned back, watching as the busy bodies ignored your presence. You chuckled to yourself, walking into the woods.

-

You weren't far into the woods when the sunlight started to disappear.  You looked around for any danger, then dropped the box onto the ground and dug through its contents. Anything useful was a couple of canned goods. You shoved them into the stolen backpack you found by the garden earlier.

As the sunlight started to go, you started to feel uneasy. You didn't have a weapon, or anything to defend yourself. 

"Maybe I should've th-" Your words were interrupted by a groan as something grabbed your hair, pulling you back. You stumbled out of its grasp, then tripped, falling to the ground.

Looking up, you saw the walker limping towards your body. You pushed yourself away until your back hit a tree. Your eyes searching the ground for anything, you grabbed a large branch and stood up. 

You swung the heavy branch at the walkers' legs, and it fell down. It started to crawl towards you, continuing to groan and grunt. Lifting the branch over your head, you slammed it down onto the walkers' head. The walker slowly stopped moving and groaning.

You leaned over, catching your breath. "Fucking hell." You murmured out of breath. You wiped the dark, maroon blood from your hands. Looking at your shirt, you frowned at the blood splatters that stained it. Your heavy panting returned to regular breaths, and you could hear the voice of multiple men getting closer. 

"She's not over here, Negan!" You could faintly make out through the thick forest.

Your eyes widened at the word of 'Negan.' 

"No, no, no..." You whispered to yourself. You eyed the backpack by the tree, but decided to leave it. Maybe it could keep them busy for a while. You started to run farther into the woods, sprinting away from the men's voices. You couldn't imagine what he would do if he caught you. 

"There's a backpack!" You heard one yell. You stopped running, trying to look through the trees. You caught a glimpse of the infamous leather jacket, and then another of Negan's angry and enraged face.

"Fucking find her, damnit! I swear to god, if you don't find her, I'll kill all of you!" Negan barked orders at the men. They got up, starting to run in your direction.

You started to run again, looking back to make sure they weren't following you.

Your head hitting the tree in front of you, you fell to the ground, the world around you becoming hazy and dark.

"Oh, fuck." You heard Negan say quietly, and everything started to fade out.

-

((A/N well hi guys sorry for not writing for a while but here is the new chapter !! if you enjoy please vote, it means a lot. anyways thanks for reading!! i'll probably post another chapter today because i am in a writing mood. :) ))