qüīncé

Yoongi had his thoughts on Jimin til he got home. He still had a lot of things to do but the kid was bugging him in his mind. He decided to head down the living room to his father's old grand piano since his keyboard broke so he didn't have any other choice but to play that.

It was old but the family kept it looking new. He opened it and brushed his finger tips to the black and white keys. The black haired boy pressed the keys and started to play slowly with no particular tune.

Then he closed his eyes and held a deep breath before his fingers danced with the keys.

[Imagine him playing I need U intro]

He cleared his mind, thought of him being successful through his music, rapping and being appreciated by tons of people.

Soon, he believes it will happen.

He opened his eyes when he felt weight on the seat beside him. Seeing his father, eyes on the piano.

"If you would've just showed us you played like that, I'd give you money to buy a new one" His father said that seemed like a whisper. He was pertaining to his keyboard cause he asked for money to buy a new one but only to be yelled at.

Yoongi let out a bitter laugh.
"And then what? I'll thank you and I'll take business management?" His father sighed.

"Did you ever even wondered why I had a grand piano?" Yoongi stayed silent. His father started to press random keys that made him cringe.

Then the old man suddenly played the exact same keys he just played earlier that surprised Yoongi, he didn't even know that his father knew anything about music cause he hated it.

"I was just like you when I was a your age. Sky was the limit, I'd do anything just so someone could hear my music, I'd pull anyone just so they could sing to my song. I love music more than you ever thought but my father.. like you, I used hate him. He'll beat me up just when he knew I was listening to music. He wanted me to focus on studying and become a businessman.."

Yoongi was surprised for the thousandth time of the day, he never knew this story for he hated his father so much and they barely communicate. His father was now playing a different tone continuously. The young man was amazed, his father was better than him.

"..I gave up on music cause it felt like it wasn't really for me. No one would pay attention and no one supported me. I did become a businessman like what your grandfather wanted and look we have money. I tried to nurture you away from music, I didn't want you to become like me cause I was too sure you'd end up in love with it like how I did. I didn't want you dream like mine so it wouldn't be crushed like mine. But then you grew up with the same passion I had as a kid. I didn't even know how you learned to play."

Yoongi's father stopped playing and put a hand on Yoongi's lap.

"Son, I wanted you to be like me. Not the young broken me but the successful me. My money doesn't last long, someday you'll have to work too. And I'm telling you, music is never easy to pursue. It's harder than you think, so are you willing to face the trials and pursue music or work."

Silence took the whole living room and Yoongi thought long. After hearing his father out, he looked at his father different now, his hatred slowly faded.

"I.. I'll work for music" Yoongi looked at his father straight in the eye and he laughed softly at his son's determined self.

"Just what I thought. Okay, quit your job. I'll pay for your school, I also have something for you in the couch" and there the old man stood up. Yoongi was slowly tearing up. He wasn't a who cries but he couldn't help it.

Finally, the day he's been waiting for ever since he was a kid. For his father to accept his dreams and goals. He stood up and looked over at the couch and saw a expensive boxed keyboard piano lying. He couldn't handle it any more and he cried.

Yoongi ran to his father and hugged him.

"I'll make our dreams come true" then he pulled away and ran to his brand new keyboard at the couch.

Ever since he was a kid, he was music deprived. All he ever heard was the sound of radio news, his father forbid him from anything related to music, at first he didn't really cared. But he entered grade school and he heard music from his classmates, he loved it. It felt like there were earplugs in him being unplugged. He fell in love and that's when his father started to always scold at him and sometimes even slap him.

He hated it and he brought his hatred to school. He became a bully and liked the way other people get hurt too. Like what he did to Jimin.

When he finished high school, he secretly had enough money to enroll himself to his current art school before his father ever enroll him to college. He had a part time job and tried selling CDs underground. He started underground at junior year.

His father was fuming with anger when he knew that he enrolled himself. He ran away that time and stayed at Namjoon's until the situation got a bit better.

His father said that if he runs out of money to enroll himself, he's gonna go to college. So Yoongi was having a hard time til this day came.

It was his lucky day.

He had his heart beating again and the huge barrier through his dreams, is now gone.

-

So ya probably see why he had an attitude when he was young cause he was kinda isolated from music when he was young and damn if I was too I'd leave home and be a fucking rockstar. And actlly I'm sick rn gws to me luv you all guys.