Chapter Thirty Nine: Deep Down Under: Part II

We needed to rework our plan with Kendall and what she might have found out from Shelby's video. We called Kendall as we all sat around a picnic table so we could talk to Kendall. Tyler pulled out his dino com and called Kendall.

"I've analyzed Shelby's video. Judging by the sound the zord made, I think that the zord might be sick." Kendall informed us. I looked at her confused.

"Why would it be sick?" Riley asked.

"Once awakened, some zords need to be in contact their energems. This one hasn't been near the purple energem since Albert bonded with it." Kendall started to explain. "It may be too weak to survive much longer."

"That's why it appeared to Shelby, she was holding onto the purple engram. Plesio needs energy from the purple energem." Chase said.

"Then we'd better get going." Tyler conclude. "We need to find Plesio." Kendall nodded, agreeing with Tyler.

"I'll meet you guys back at the car in a minute." Shelby said and we nodded, getting up from the table the headed towards the car.

"We need to check out those caves." I started, talking to Kendall while Tyler and I walked at the same pace while Chase started the car. "Can you get a map of caves around New Zealand where Plesio could possibly go to for shelter." Shelby joined us back at the car and climbed in. Kendall gave us coordinates for a cave where Plesio could possibly be. We started our search at the cave that was closest to us. We were exploring the cave, while listening to the faint noise of water falling from the ceiling of the cave to the ground. There were multiple caverns in the cave, so we all split up, knowing not to go far from each other just in case.

"There's no sign of Plesio over here." I heard Riley's voice echo against the cave walls. We all meet up in the middle of the cave, where all of the caverns came together in a bigger room that lead to the entrance of the cave.

"There's nothing down that cavern either." I told the others, pointing to the cavern I just got out of.

"No sign of Plesio down over there either." Tyler added.

"It was a dead end, no zord." Ivan informed us.

"Call Kendall." Koda spoke up. Shelby nodded and pulled her dino com out of her pocket to call Kendall. Once Kendall picked up, Shelby spoke up.

"We didn't find anything Miss. Morgan." Shelby told Kendall.

"Well I found something." Kendall said. "There's a news report that is going viral. It says a living plesiosaur has been found in New Zealand. It's Dr. Runga."

"Dr. Runga?" Shelby asked, not believing what she was hearing.

"There's a photograph." Kendall added and showed us the photograph of the zord.

"Wait, that's from my video. He stole it!" Shelby exclaimed, realizing that the photograph was a freeze frame of the plesio zord when we had found it earlier today.

"He's holding a press conference later today at his dig site and he plans to show the full video." Kendall informed us.

"We'll see about that." Shelby said and we all headed out of the cave to head back to Dr. Runga's dig site. After we arrived at the dig site, Shelby was the first one out of the car and she stormed over to Dr. Runga as we watched as his crew set up for a press conference. We all climbed out of the car, but stood by the car knowing that Shelby should be the one to talk to him. After a few minutes of them talking, Shelby stormed back over to us. We looked at her expectantly, hoping that she got some result and somehow convinced Dr. Runga to not show the video. "He's going to tell the world." She told us.