Chapter Eleven: Thick Skinned: Part II

My dad had called me to tell me exciting news about him getting a girlfriend who made him happy. We spent the next 10 minutes talking and I was casually walking towards the park. Once the call ended, Kendall called me. "Monster DNA detected where you are. The others are on their way." Kendall informed me and I heard the screaming of people. I sprinted towards the screaming. I pulled out one of my chargers.

"Dino Charger! Unleash the power!" I shouted and morphed while charging at Spitfangs.

"Oh look! You're all alone! Did you petty friends abandon you?" He sneered. I punched him, with extra power, causing him to stumbled back a bit.

"They are not petty! My friends are amazing, no matter what you say!" I shouted at him and kicked him with some extra power.

"Vivix!" Spitfangs shouted, and the vivix surrounded Spitfangs, acting as his shield from my attacks. I pulled my dino morpher blaster. I powered it up. I jumped to avoid an attack and shot the vivix in the process.

"Power blast!" I summoned my attack and spun around to shoot the vivix near me. The rest of the vivix stayed with Spitfangs.

"You can't handle all of us just by yourself." Spitfangs shouted angrily. I rested my morpher on my shoulder and put a hand on my hip. I heard footsteps rush towards me.

"You see, I'm not alone." I said as I heard the running footsteps of my friends. My friends lined up next to me, already morphed. "Glad to see you all here today." I sarcastically commented. No one said a word to me and charged at Spitfangs, leaving me behind. I sighed and hung my head. They're just going to lose focus and get attacked. I headed back towards the fight and this time, all of them weren't insulted, just distracted. Guess my analogy from earlier didn't work, I'm gonna have to think of something else and fast. As we fought, the others were all thrown back, demorphing in the process again. For a second, I was distracted and thrown back to hit the ground. I landed on my shoulder roughly and groaned after I demorphed. I should probably stop getting hurt. Spitfangs summoned more vivix again, this time they were all only directed towards me. They aimed their weapons at me, and shot lasers at me. My eyes widened and I quickly rolled away. I scrambled to my feet and pulled out my Dino morpher blaster. I did a backflip tuck and landed on my feet near Koda. I held a hand out to Koda and pulled him up to his feet. "Koda, you are a great friend. You always wants to protect others and you are loyal. It doesn't matter what time you're from, all that matters is that you're here and you're our friend." I reassured him, completely contradicting his insult he received from Spitfangs earlier.

"You think so?" Koda asked and I nodded.

"I know so." I replied with confidence. Koda grinned and headed to the fight against the vivix army. I headed towards the next closest person, Chase. I held my hand out for him and he took it. I yanked him up to his feet. "Come on hot shot. You're going to let some bully's words hurt you?" I asked and Chase looked down at his feet. "You're like that annoying older brother that I never had and really wanted. Plus if your mom and sister could know what you're doing to keep them and Earth safe, they'd be proud." I told him, boosting up his confidence.

"Thanks for that Lexa." Chase said and got his dino morpher blaster. "This hot shot has to show some vivix who's the boss around here." He said and I smiled and he ran off to help Koda fight the group of vivix. I really need to get everybody else up and running with confidence again. I ran off to Riley and he was already on his feet, brushing the dust off of him.

"So Riley, you are such a dedicated ranger. You have such a kind heart and sometimes I think you're too pure for this whole situation." I started, gently shoving my shoulders to his. "You are not boring, just dedicated and disciplined. Those planning skills are always helpful for a team that protects the world from alien monsters." I finished my 3rd mini speech. Riley smiled.