Chapter Thirty Seven: World Famous (In New Zealand!): Part II

We wanted to make sure that Albert would be ready against the next alien fight, so we headed back to our rental house that Kendall rented for us after she concluded that it would be better if we all stayed at the same place for this mission. She didn't want any of us to be separated so if there was an emergency we all were near each other and we wouldn't look suspicious rushing out of a hotel if we need to get somewhere in a hurry.

Rental House:

I walked into my claimed room at the house and got changed into my workout clothes

I walked into my claimed room at the house and got changed into my workout clothes. Once we all got ready, we drove off to the place where Albert wanted to meet to train, it wasn't very far from where Albert had his campsite set up. We found Albert waiting for us to train. Chase, Shelby, and Tyler went to train with Albert with the obstacle course, while Koda did strengthening exercises for himself and I asked Ivan and Riley to help me out with my saber skills because I wanted to improve. They happily agreed and I summoned my own saber so I could practice.

"My kind lady, all you have to remember is to incorporate your own fighting style into fighting with a saber." Ivan told me and I nodded, taking in his words. We all took our stances and began practicing. Ivan started the fight and swung his saber at me and I managed to block the attack with my own saber and kicked Ivan's saber off of mine and I attempted to attack Riley, but he was able to block my attack as well. Riley attempted to do a series of saber moves to get me to drop my saber but I dodged by doing a one handed backflip to get away from Riley. Once I was back on my feet, Ivan attacked Riley, who skillfully blocked the attacks and retaliate. The three of us kept going at it in our sparring session, until it was cut short by Tyler when he called us over so we could do some cardio with Albert.

"Man, you guys make me look like a newbie." I commented, panting a bit.

"It's only because we've had a bit more experience with sabers than you do." Riley said. "You'll get better if you keep practicing." I shot him a smile and we gathered with the others after they told us that Albert had some serious skill because he beat them all by finishing the obstacle course father than any of them. We all started to jog through the woods for a bit and Albert sprinted in between all of us.

"Keep up slowpokes!" Albert teased us after he got ahead of us all. We all tried to pick up the pace to catch up to Albert but he was just way too fast for any of us. We all slowed down to a stop when we reached the campsite again.

"I beg you, no more running." Ivan panted in between breaths. I fell down into a chair to catch my breath from the intense running session we just had.

"He's definitely ready." Tyler claimed as he sat down as well.

"He's a beast." Chase commented.

"So Albert... " Tyler started, trying to catch his breath. "How did you bond with your energem?" Tyler asked the purple ranger.

"About a year ago, our town was hit with a freak snowstorm. My friends were hiking in the mountains and their sweet little girl Cindy got lost." Albert started to explain. "I was the only one with a chance at finding her, I know the mountains like the back of my hand. When I found Cindy, there was a mysterious purple glow coming from in between some rocks not far from where Cindy was sitting, I reached out and pulled out the purple energem and it suddenly bonded with me. And suddenly, I could turn into a ranger. I got myself a police scanner and soon enough I was stopping thieves and pulling cats out of trees, doing all kinds of good things. Folks count on me, kind of a local hero you know?" Albert finished explaining his story and we all smiled at me.