Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A month, after a month of silence, no signs of greeting, nor a glance. Has Ethan Ford has given me. I realized after the unfair fight we had was the only time, we had ever had a long conversation, after two years of silence.

How can a month of silence has a great affect to me, than two years of silence?

A month has also changed drastically. After a week with my fight with Ethan, he and Joey broke up. Thanks to the popular status on Facebook, I was able to know. I was surprised to see people, who showed their concern and compassion to the breakup.

I on the other hand felt pity. The breakup is the least of my worries, I had finals coming up. My very low grade on Algebra 2 was scaring me.

Nether less I have Damien now, we've been going out for two months. I must admit that he's sweet and caring, I had never seen this side of Damien before. He would take me out on dates, dinner, movies, you name it. Ever so often he would surprise me with gifts.

Though each time he gives me a gift, takes me out on dates, and kisses brings me great guilt. Reason for it, it's simple I don't have any feelings for him.

I couldn't help it each time he touches me, holds my hand, guilt and sadness consumes me. I would find myself silently crying myself to sleep, remembering how horrible I've become. I feel so horrible, realizing that I too had changed in a month.

So has Damien.

Every now and then when I talk to him, I find him staring out in space. It is when I snap at him and he looks at my apologetically. It was after school at the school parking lot, we were standing in front of his motorcycle. I was complaining to him about the huge amount of assignments Ms. Angus gave us. Again Damien was staring off at space, snapping at him, again.

"Damien what's wrong? Is there something bothering you?" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder.

"No-" He started to say.

"Don't say that, I know there's something bothering you." I looked at him intently, making my eyes bigger.

"Nina stop staring at me like that." He said putting his hand over my eyes.

"Just tell me." I said sounding desperate. Taking his hand out of my face and made the face again.

"Nina, don't-" He said trying to cover up my expression, again.

"Tell me how bad can it be?" I snapped at him impatiently. He looked hurt that I snapped at him, but I wasn't in a mood to apologize.

Damien sighed deeply his expression looked worried."Promise me you won't get mad." He asked his hand went through his disheveled hair.

Okay now I'm the worried one.

"Damien your scaring me now, what did you do?" I asked thinking the worst things that Damien could have done.

He chuckled lightly, put it didn't reached his eyes."You think so low of me?" He said putting an arm around my waist bringing me closer to him.

"Don't change the subject, tell me." I said pulling away from his grasp.

"Why are you with me?" He asked his eyes looked so serious, so stern.

"What do you meant, 'why I'm with you'?" I asked very confused on his words.

"Why did you decided to be my girlfriend." He said.

This was the question I had hoped he would never asked.

"That is a dumb question and I'm going to be late, I need to make dinner." I said crossing my arms on my chest.

"See, now your the one changing the subject." he intersected. "Just answer the question.'" He said seriously.

"I chose you as my boy friend." I said the word last with with a stuttered. "Its because I had a huge crush on you when you first arrived to this school." I said hooking my arm around his.

"So you liked me for a while?" He asked surprised, but couldn't help to notice that he sounded pleased as well.

"Yes, I did Damien, what have brought in to this." I said trying to sound convincing as I can be.

Liar.

"Nothing, it's just-" he stuttered again, looking down at the ground again.

"It's what?" I said placing my hand on his jaw, so he can look up at me.

"There were rumors..." Again he looked away from me.

"For pears sake just say it!". Snapping at him, I was very annoyed at him right now.

"I just found it odd that a girl like you, would find interest in me." He said giving a shrug as he hoped on his motorcycle.

" What do you mean a girl like me." I said hopping on his motor cycle behind him, putting the helmet on my head.

"Just by being you, dinner at my house?" He said

"Fine" I said feeling disappointed at the response.

* * *

Once Damien parked in front of his house I've notice there an old blue Chevy car parked at the drive way.

"Visitors?" I asked as I climb down the bike.

"Maybe, I my aunt never mentioned any visitors." He said in confusion, taking my hand in his.

Once we entered his house, as usual the smell of rotten cheese invaded my nose. I took in the sight of what looked like a family of four sitting on the old couch. Damien's aunt, Daniela was sitting across from them. There in front of them was a platter of cookies, in which the family devoured.

A girl around my age stood up, her eyes sparked with glee and surprised once her eyes locked at Damien.

"Damien!" She shrieked. Let me tell you her shriek was like a witch, as she pratically ran towards him.

"Hey Ru-" He started to say, but was silence with a kiss.

From her.

vote,comment. and fan!