twenty one

*Katie's POV*

PING.

PING.

PING.

PING.

I groaned and lifted my head up from the pillow and squinted my eyes at my phone. Realising I could hardly see anything, I put on my glasses to clear the image.

From Calum:

Katie.

KATIE.

WAKE UP

BABEEEEE

I began to type a reply as another message appeared, and then another.

From Calum:

are u up

hellooo

yOU READ THAT ONE

AND THAT

YOU'RE AWAKE

Yet again, I began to type a new reply but was interrupted with the icon appearing on my screen for FaceTime.

I rolled my eyes and pressed the 'answer' button as Calum's face appeared.

"Good morning beautiful" He said smiling as I tried my hardest to not smile.

"Why did you wake me up at 9am?" I groaned as I lay back down.

"Because we're going to put our tree up today and you have to come help" Calum nodded as he also lay down.

"Why are you putting your Christmas tree up at 9am?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, we're putting it up at like 4pm" He nodded as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Then why did you wake me up at 9am?" I groaned as he laughed.

"I wanted to see you" He smiled which caused a smile to appear on my face.

"So, what time do I come over?" I asked.

"Wait, my mum just texted me hold on" He said as I heard his fingers tapping on the screen while he went on pause.

I took this opportunity to make myself look a bit more appealing using the small box in the corner of the screen.

Calum's face appeared when I wasn't expecting it as I jumped slightly.

"Aw, were you trying to-"

"No, I wasn't doing anything, I don't know what you're talking about" I said as he just raised his eyebrows.

"You're beautiful" He said randomly as I felt my cheeks turn a pink shade, "Can still make you blush eh?" He said a smirk on his face.

"Stopp" I groaned, "What did your mum say?" I continued, trying to change the subject.

"She said she wants you over for dinner, if you're okay with that and that we've to go over at like 4pm" He said as I nodded.

"Is this like a fancy dinner?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Katie, it's like a normal dinner that we had almost every day a few years ago."

"But it's different this time" I said.

"How? It's just my mum and Mali" He shrugged.

"Yeah but I don't know, I don't live there anymore" I shrugged.

"It will be fine, just casual" Calum laughed as I nodded.

"Is your jetlag still bad?" Calum asked as I shook my head, I was extremely tired but I still wanted to talk to him.