sixteen

*Katie's POV*

Alex left straight after I told him without saying anything as I waited for the lift to get to the guys place.

The doors opened as I saw the majority of the people drunk and lying on the couches or running around while Calum sat in the same spot and jumped up as I entered.

"Katie, wait" Calum said as I grabbed my bag and made my way back to the lift.

"Don't go Katie!" Vanessa laughed as she rolled around the floor.

"Have you been crying?" Calum asked as I brushed past him and into the lift, pressing the ground floor button repeatedly.

Just as the doors were shutting, Calum's hand came in between as he pulled them open and stepped in.

"Have you been crying?" He replied as the doors shut and I sighed.

"That's none of your business" I said watching the number going down as I decided taking the stairs would be easier. I pressed the number 5 button as Calum pressed the emergency stop button while the lift came to an abrupt hold.

"I thought we were friends now" He spoke, covering the button panel.

"I thought friends didn't embarrass one another" I said as I leaned at the opposite side of him.

"What are you-"

"The game, 'Never have I ever loved someone in this group'. Every single person took a drink, including me, except from you" I shook my head, "Do you even know how that made me feel?" I said as the tears were already streaming down my face, "This night just keeps getting better and better" I said sarcastically, wiping my tears.

He looked at me about to say something but I cut him off, "I lost..a great guy and I ended up p-" I shook my head, "I ended up hurting him just because I was hurt."

"What are you talking about? What happened with Alex?" He asked as I sighed and pushed him aside slightly while I pressed the ground button.

"You wanna know why I didn't take a drink?" He asked as I looked to the small screen, seeing we were on floor 1 while I asked myself if I really wanted to hear, deciding not to as the doors opened for ground.

"I didn't take a drink because.. I didn't love you" He said as I stepped out the lift shaking my head.

"I fucking adored you" He said

"A-and I couldn't admit to myself and everyone that I was so stupid of giving up my whole world" He continued as more tears appeared, different tears.

It took all I had to walk out that door and to my car, not even caring if I had alcohol in my system.

----

"Go away!" I groaned from my bedroom as someone knocked on my door, the same thing had been happening for at least a week. I had lost track of the days to be honest and I had now run out of food.

The knocking continued as I pulled my covers over my head as my phone rang.

I picked it up to see that Luke was calling me while I watched it and waited for it to disappear.

The knocking stopped as I sighed and relaxed again while I looked out the tiny gap in my curtains.

About 5 minutes later, I heard my front door swing open as I widened my eyes and pulled my covers up while I watched my bedroom door, trembling with fear.

I heard footsteps and noises coming from the kitchen as I was stuck, peeking out from my covers while the footsteps got further.

I screamed at the same time the figure came into my room, throwing my book at it.