twelve

*Katie's POV*

"No!" I laughed as I held onto my stomach, not feeling the awful period cramps I should be feeling.

"Go on" Alex laughed as he lay at the bottom of my bed, while I lay with my back against the headboard. I sat up slightly and threw a skittle into his mouth while we both cheered.

He crawled towards me, swallowing the skittle as he began to tickle me. I started to laugh uncontrollably while I tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

It didn't take long for our lips to meet as they moved in sync. I brought my hand up to sit on his cheek as he cracked a smile.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked kissing Alex but when we did I couldn't help but always feel as if there was something missing from it. But I couldn't exactly figure out what it was.

Our thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my apartment door.

"Can you get that, I need to pee" I laughed as Alex nodded, chuckling to himself and went to answer the door as I went to the bathroom.

After doing my business, I washed my hands and brushed off my skirt as I left the bathroom and headed to my lounge to see that everyone was here.

By everyone, I meant, the boys along with Becca, Maddie and even blondie.

I couldn't stand her but I didn't want to start any drama so I didn't say anything.

I hadn't spoke to Calum, apart from the occasional 'hi', since the encounter at my work but I was glad.

I'd moved on.

"Oh, hey guys" I laughed looking at everyone.

"Hey Kat" Luke answered as he flicked through my tv, "There's pizza."

I nodded and went and grabbed a slice from the bar table.

"Why do you look fancy?" Ashton asked, scrunching up his nose.

"I'm not fancy, am I?" I asked looking down at what I was wearing, a simple skirt with a beige shoulder less top.

"Ohh, were you and Alex on a date?" Michael said nudging me and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Maybe we were" I replied, wiggling my eyebrows as well.

"Shh, some of us are watching this" Calum snapped looking at Michael and I.

The room fell silent and I looked to Michael who just shrugged.

"You know, as much as I like all of your wonderful presences, I really don't think we should hang out at my place, my couch is too small for like nine of us"

"But it's cosy" Luke whined pulling Becca closer to him.

"Easy for you to say Hemmings, you have a cuddly girlfriend, I have nothing" Michael said pointing to himself.

I left Luke and Michael arguing about something while I went to answer the door as I heard a knock.

"Vanessa, hey!" I smiled as she stood at my door holding a tray of brownies.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got bored at home and made way too many brownies so I brought you some"

"You know I'll never turn down brownies, come in" I said opening the door wider as she stepped in and looked around as I realised she hadn't seen my place yet. I guessed Alex had told her where I lived.

"Oh um.. the guys, they're in the now and uh-"

"Katie, come and back me up that pineapp- Vanessa.." Michael appeared from behind me as his eyes locked with hers.