one

*Katie's POV*

2 years later...

2 years. 2 years was a long time. A lot had happened in those two years. My parents took me away, they took me to China, leaving me with no possible way of getting back.

Not that I wanted to, of course part of me did but the other part didn't.

My mother and father were extremely strict. I didn't talk to them at all. I didn't want to. They had no right to come back into my life when they left me with my brother alone.

Keith. He was definitely one of the things I missed about Australia. I hadn't seen him in 2 years and I missed him so much.

My parents on the other hand, they had asked me in the car where he was and when I told them, they couldn't care less. It was as if they were glad that they wouldn't have to buy another plane ticket.

And Calum, obviously I missed him but there was no way I could forgive him. I didn't have my phone with me in China, I didn't have anything, so there was no way I could interact with Calum, or anyone for that fact.

It was safe to say, I hated my parents.

I didn't talk to them for the whole year while I had to wait until I was 18. Most of the time, I spent my days signing up for exploring groups just to get away from them. Then I turned 18, I left them, just like they left me.

They didn't even care, none of them had even came looking for me so I was officially done with my parents.

With no warning, I moved. Obviously I couldn't go back to Australia, I had no way of getting there with not much money but I moved to the other side of China.

I had started an 'Anti-bullying' group were I taught the kids how to stand up to bullies, basically stuff I should have done.

I had made a friend. A girl that also lived in Australia, she came over to volunteer for the bullying group whereas I stumbled across it as I fled.

Her name was Maddie.

She had let me live with her in her small apartment that she had for the year.

I had told her quite a lot like the situation with my parents and how I ended up living with Calum. I just missed out the bits in between, including my self harm, which I hadn't done for around 16 months. Except Keith, she had caught me crying on his anniversary so I had to tell her.

She knew about Calum and I dating but didn't know why we broke up.

I had definitely changed since 2 years. China was always extremely warm so I did have an amazing tan, also I had let my hair go it's natural colour, which was a dark brown.

If you compared me to how I was 2 years ago, you would say I'm a different person but I was fine with that.

It took me basically the whole year to get over Calum, I hadn't dated anyone else or even looked at anyone else but I just pushed him to the back of my mind so I never thought about him again.

"Well I for one have to leave next week, I only got sent out here for a year" Maddie said shrugging as she sat down in front of me at the table, "Don't you want to go back, see Keith?"

"Well obviously but I just don't know-"

"Look, you can live with me in my apartment again. I don't mind, it's got a spare bedroom anyway."

"Yeah but wha-"

"You won't bump into him Kat" She said as she tied her blonde hair into a bun.

Kat.