two

*Katie's POV*

Waking up felt like something out of a movie, it was silent, the sun peeking through my curtains and birds sounding everywhere.

I rolled over and checked the clock that sat on the table next to my bed as it read:

11:47AM

That wasn't too bad for my jetlag.

I got up and pulled my dressing gown over me as I walked out into the lounge/kitchen. It was basically one big room with everything, even the dining table.

Jake was sat at the table drinking what looked like coffee as he was on his phone.

"Morning Katie" He smiled at me as I returned the gesture.

"Good morning"

"There's coffee on the work-top" He nodded as I thanked him and went and took some before joining him at the table.

"Is Mads still sleeping?" I asked.

"Yeah, when jetlag gets her, it gets her" He laughed, "She asked me to wake up early to enter some sort of competition but it keeps getting delayed"

"Oh what sort of competition?" I asked.

"Honestly, that's a good question, she just told me all I have to do is answer a question but she already knows the answer?" He said confused as he held a piece of paper in his hand while looking at his phone.

I looked at the back of his phone, that was something I would definitely have to get soon. I could add it to my list today, I had a lot to get.

After about half an hour Maddie came and joined us just as Jake was entering the competition.

I didn't even know what it was for but I was just as excited as they were.

"Come on, type it in faster!" Maddie shouted at Jake from behind as she was shaking her hand up and down, obviously nervous, she really wanted whatever the prize was for this.

"Yes! We answered on time, now we watch the timer" She said as her eyes stared at the screen not blinking.

I just laughed and walked to my room to get changed.

While doing so I heard a scream and ran out as I put my jacket on to see Jake and Maddie hugging while jumping up and down excitingly.

"So my guess is you won?"

----

I walked along an all too familiar street. Honestly, I did miss Australia and I hadn't recognised anyone yet. It made sense though, why would they stick around here, I know most of my friends wanted to travel the world.

I entered into the apple shop that was on the same street as Starbucks.

I had already ordered my phone online and now I could buy it. Before leaving my parents I managed to get back all the money I actually deserved. The bullying programme surprisingly worked out extremely well for me and I finally had enough money to live off.

After getting my phone I slipped my hand in my pocket and pulled out the piece of paper that had Alex's number on it.

I typed it in after setting up the phone and it did feel weird. I mean I hadn't used a phone in 2 years and a lot had definitely changed.

Katie: Hey this is Katie :) X

I didn't know whether to put an 'X' or not but eventually I gave up and done it.

I slipped my phone in my pocket and as I walked down the street my eyes travelled to Starbucks.

Honestly I was craving one, I really needed the boost as my jetlag was catching up on me.