You + Me = Us

Twilight is owned by Stephanie Myers, please support the official release.

Written by Nashmeira S. W.

Edited by EstrellaGrace

Be sure to check her out. :3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Chapter 10 ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ You + Me = Us ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

*.*

I could only watch in a muted horror as my father walked toward the woods with Edward. Dad's arm was held over his shoulder in a friendly way, but underlining the friendliness was a different intention that stood out all too well in this situation. That of a father being protective of his little girl and I, the little girl, could only watch as the two walked away to have the father to boyfriend talk.

As turned to walk back toward the Cullens, there were several grins spread through the assembly of vampires. I wasn't really worried about Edward, Dad wouldn't hurt him, at least I was pretty sure he wouldn't.

Thinking about it now, we had come back to the house hand in hand, leaves in my hair, Edward with his light undershirt, and I was wearing his shirt. The scene was the perfect 'caught in the act' setup. I was more embarrassed with having to face those on the porch.

When I set my foot on the first step, I chanced a glance up and sure enough there was a plethora of grins, but the smug smiles that graced the faces of Alice and Emmett shined like lighthouses. My Band was still free to the world so my yellow slit eyes took everything in an instant. I could feel my face heat up as I came to stand on the porch.

"Let's just get this out of the way, nothing happened," I stated matter of factly. "We talked and came to an understanding."

"Oh that much is obvious, Darlin'." It surprised me that the southern gentleman was the first to speak, his own grin becoming a full blown smile. I, for my part, probably looked as red as a rose. My nervousness was evident and was written all over my face. Esme admonished him as he laughed good naturedly.

"Now Jazzy, you're embarrassing her. Bella, we know nothing happened, Jasper is just teasing you," Alice said as she came over and gave me a hug, the action serving to lessen my embarrassment, but if I were human would have broken something.

"Besides, Edward is too much of a prude and if you two had done anything we would have smelled it on you." I bristled at that statement. We knew that they had a better olfaction than us, but we didn't know it was that much better.

"Not to self."

"Alright everyone, I think that's quite enough prodding for one day." Thank goodness Carlisle, the peace maker. I don't know what I would have done if he had not put a stop to it. I really hate being the center of attention and this was really grating on me.

"Thank you," I said. I was starting to get a better picture of the family of vampires. It was obvious from the start that Esme was the motherly type and Carlisle was the peacemaker. Those are good qualities to have in parental figures. The day was devolving into good natured everyday talk, and we had relocated to the furniture so that I wouldn't have to stand. While vampires were always comfortable in any position I was not. I did make sure that I sat in such a way that I could watch the tree line were Edward and my father had gone.

I wasn't really worried, I was just excited to see him again and it couldn't come soon enough. It was fun being around the Cullens, and it was something I was looking forward too. Alice and I were quickly becoming friends just as she had said. While I was not the shopping buff she was it was great to have someone that was interesting to talk too.