Falling For You

Twilight is owned by Stephanie Meyers, please support the official release.

Written by Nashmeira S. W.

Edited by EstrellaGrace

Be sure to check her out. :3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Chapter 9 ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Falling For You ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

The last hour that Edward and I had spent together was like nothing I had ever felt in my life. If felt right, there was no other way to say it. It was just right. When Edward had left abruptly I didn't understand it, I thought that he was under the impression as humans did when they saw us for what we were that we were a demon. That he like so many others had bought into the ribaldry of the humans and that hurt. I had jumped to a conclusion that he wanted nothing else to do with me and that was why he left.

That was far from the truth. By Edwards reasoning, there was no way that I could be damned, he had confessed to me that for so long that he had felt vampires were damned, and hearing our story had shaken him. The fact that he was pouring out deep-seeded beliefs was cute and heartwarming that he trusted me so much so soon. It was just so easy to talk with Edward and to bask in his smile.

We just lay there on the grass of the meadow for what seemed like forever, but it only a two to three hours if the sun was anything to go by.

"Bella," said the angelic voice beside me. I turned to meet the face that it came from a warm grin. His warm butterscotch met my gleaming yellow on red. He didn't flinch, he didn't look away or avert his eyes.

He accepted me for me.

"It's getting late. We should probably head back." He looked off at the setting sun as his smile faltered slightly. "It's twilight, it will be dark soon." He was standing in an instance, his hand extended toward me. I know I blushed ever so slightly as I took his hand. It was cool to the touch but I wouldn't flinch away from him, not ever.

"It's fine, Edward," I said as he pulled me closer. "I'm not afraid of the dark. After all, you and I are what humans are afraid is hiding in the dark." I smiled up at him as I cupped his cheek his expression remained that same. "And they're right to be afraid."

(`〇Д〇)

As we walked to the river, I was trying to get leaves out of my hair ever since moment we had together in the field. My hair was unruly so any attempt to get all the leaves out was a futile effort. Hand in hand, we walked through the woods; the dimming light giving way to the night and neither of us bothered by the fact that it was dark. The walk was giving me time to think about how with Edward, I was free to be me. This wasn't something that I had contemplated.

As unrealistic as it was, I loved Edward. We were only now realizing that it really was love, in the start it was hatred, then it turned into apprehension, then maybe fear. Then we moved past fear to curiosity, and finally after spilling our deepest secrets we knew that love was what we were working on now.

I never expected that. I never thought I would find love. Even now I still wasn't sure that I knew what love was but I think it was the feeling of being with Edward. Just holding his hand like we were without talking but instead giving each other knowing glances, made me feel alive and happy. If I could take drugs, then surely this is what it feels like to be high. I never wanted it to end.

Edward Cullen was my drug and I wanted to be high on him forever.

I couldn't help but smile at him and giggle a little at my mental definition of love being a narcotic.