Chapter 6

Levi's P.O.V.

Its been a few days since I told Levi the reason I didn't die. I'm still in the hospital, since I "attempted suicide" I have to say until they can clear that I"won't harm myself anymore". It's been boring, I don't get a minute to myself. About every half hour the nurses get switched out and a different one takes its place. I feel like a prisoner on a jail watch,  a warden always watching my every move and motion.

I looked at the clock, almost time... At 6:40 on the dot, the nurse watching me falls asleep, when he does I can get some alone time. I looked the clock once more and giggled evilly.

"Soon."

 The clock hit its mark and my eyes glanced to the nurse, just like usual, his eyes were glued shut and his head lolled back. I got out of my bed and slowly walked past him. I duck my head around and looked at the hallways...empty. Not many guards in this area of the hospital...they should have more, these are suicide victims...well suicide attempt victims. I often wonder why they tried...what pushed them to do this? Most of the people I do see are girls. Skinny girls, ones that have been so hurt they chose not to be alive anymore. I even saw a teen mom. She had an adorable set of twins and whenever I pass by her room I always peep my head in and say hi.

But not this time. This time I wanted to go outside. I begged every nurse if they would let me have a room with a window but I always got shot down. I hadn't been in the sun lately so I was getting pale. I went through the twists and turned I learned through many trials and errors and finally felt the warmth of the sun coming from the door and into the hallway. The sun felt so good compared to cold air conditioning of the hospital rooms. I stood on the balcony and let the warm sun heat up my cold and dry hands. I took in a deep breath and sighed. I knew I wouldn't have much time out here before I had to go back. I wanted nothing but to jump off of this balcony and run away.

"Even if I did I'd have no way to get home. I'd stick out in the crowd with the hospital gown and I'm new to the city still." I sighed and took one last look at the sun.

"It's time I head back." I made my way back to my cold and depressing room. The nurse was still asleep so I just in the bed and rolled over, letting my eyes go heavy and close.

"I wish Levi was here...at least he talk to me like a normal person." I feel asleep.

~A few hours later~

I groaned and opened my eyes sleepily. The bright lights made me blink and cover my eyes.

"Awake finally?" I heard a gruff voice speak to me. "It's me." I opened my eyes finally and looked to the owner of the voice. A nurse.

"Yes."

"We may be able to release you soon. But, I think that it's best that we put you on relaxer medication. That way you won't stress your mind to much. Do you have any objections?" I shook my head and looked at the wall past him while he went on and on about side effects and treatments.
Awhile after he'd left I was once again alone. Levi hadn't visited for a few days, mom would drop by right about now but I haven't seen her or Kenny since. The worst thing, today was my birthday.
I looked over to my side, a glass of water and a pill. They told me that by the time I the next nurse comes in I have to take it. I sighed and took it.
Seconds after I feel it slide into my stomach my head became clouded. My thought were fuzzy and bathed in white. I tried to move my lips but they were just numb. My eyes closed and felt heavy. What did I take? The thing on my mind was Levi, smiling and holding my hand.

Levi's P.O.V
I made my way into the hospital. It's had been days since I visited Eren. I'd been swamped with work and I'd been doing double of it. Taking his work and copying down a second set of notes just to make sre he'd have enough when he came back. The bag in my hand felt heavy. But my heart even more so. Not seeing that brat every day just seemed to take a toll on me. It was the days that I didn't see him that make me feel empty. I don't understand why, he's ny step brother. My cute, silly, step brother with soft and pink colored lips. My step brother with a nice curve to his figure. My step brother with a nice, plump-
What am I doing...I can't be thinking like this. First off, all he's in a mental hospital because if he couldn't stand...whatever it was. Second of all, he's my step brother.
I turned the cover and looked right at his room door. I turned the handle all opened the door. And as usual there he was, in his bed with a nurse in the corner of the room watching him.
"Your Levi I take it?" He looked at me and the bag in my hands. " What's in there?"
"Yea I am, and it's for eren. It's his present, if you want to then go ahead and look through it." He rolled his eyes and left the room.
"Asshat." I sat in the seat next to him and looked at him. He was still pale, still skinny looking. He lost so much weight in just a few weeks. I held his hand, I could see his bones and veins. A skinny little thing, I surprised that he can walk.

"Hey Eren, I know your asleep, but if you can hear me then...I just want you to know. You gotta hang in there kid. I need you to come back. It's boring without you at home."
He rolled over and groaned softly, I sighed and looked at his lips with a smile.
I leaned over and kissed his lips softly.
"Eren...come back soon."