Chapter 4

Levi's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed as I stared at the door to the bathroom. Eren walked in a while ago and hasn't walked back out. I can't believe I let my desire take control of me...he doesn't...no he shouldn't have someone like me touching him. He's to pure.

"I should check on him." I knocked on the bathroom door and waited for a response. He didn't answer. "Eren?" I unlocked the door and looked around...I didn't see him. A shadow moved behind the shower curtain. I moved closer and pulled back the curtain. And there he was, sitting in the bathtub, tears in his eyes as he trembled terribly. He looked up at me and sniffed.

"Why are you in here? I thought...door..." He was clearly out of it. I picked him up and rocked him slowly. "Levi..." He clutched my shirt and shook.

"I'm right here Bright Eyes. Always right here."

"Please...touch me..." I looked at him with wide eyes. "I need...someone to make it go away."

"Eren...I can't...I don't even know what your talking about."

"..." He looked down and pushed out of my arms...."The bottle." I looked around and my eyes landed on the counter. "It's empty now..." I set him down on the floor gently and picked up the bottle of pain medication. 

It was quarter way full this morning. I shook it around, not a sound.

"Did...you..."

"Yea..." I picked him up quickly and rushed out the door. "Where..."

"Hospital...why did you take all of those?!"

"I couldn't stand it...I'm dirty."

"Why do you say that?" I looked at him, his eyes closed and I got us into the car. I rushed to the hospital, he was pale, I heard him groan, I heard him let out a chocked sob... As soon as I parked I ran into the emergency section and found a doctor.

"Doctor help me! My friend..he swallowed a lot of pills...help him!"

"I see, this way and quickly." He lead us into a room and they took him away from me. "Stay in the waiting room, we will find you." I nodded...I felt numb...why would he do this? 

I thought he was happy...did I cause this?

~a few hours later~

I was still in the waiting room, Carla and Uncle were at some function for work and couldn't make it...Carla seemed upset and sounded like she was in tears. I couldn't sit still, I was pacing around...I wasn't the only one pacing around. Men, women, and even children did the same with me...some in tears. I couldn't stop....I feel like it's my fault. If I hadn't touched him...he wouldn't have run into the bathroom..and he wouldn't have taken those pills...and he wouldn't be here.

"I'm so stupid..." I sat down finally, my head in my hands and I sighed heavily.

"Eren Yeager?" The doctor looked around the room, I stood up and walked over.

"Yes, he's my step brother."

"We have a report on him. Would you like to see him?"

"Yes please." I followed him to Eren's room. 

When I saw the state he was in I nearly collapsed.  He had a breathing tube down his throat, a monitor was to his side with his heart rate and blood pressure. An I.V. drip was in his left hand, right over his knuckles. He was in a hospital gown, his eyes had deep bags. His usually beautiful tan skin had turned pale like mine. I sat down on the chair next to his bed, I held his hand and my eyes widened...he was cold. His skin was like ice. I looked at the doctor and he smiled softly.

"He's stable at the moment, his vitals are weaker than we'd like. If we gave him some stronger medication that would just overflow his body with drugs, you can see we don't want to do that."

"Is he going to be okay?" 

"Only time will tell, we don't know just how far into the bloodstream those pills went. There's a possibility they reached his brain. But the monitor that we are sending for will show that. The next 48 hours are crucial to his health. We need to keep him under ser-"

He was cut off, a nurse walked in wheeling a monitor into the room.

"Is this the monitor for patient Eren Yeager?"

"Yes doctor. For monitoring his brain movement."

"Alright, set it up. Your work is appreciated." She nodded and got to work. I looked over at Eren...

He was still breathing, his heart was still beating, he was still alive. I held his hand, it was still ice cold. I took a deep breath and kissed forehead. He did move, I looked down. It was all my fault.

"I don't believe I got your name." The doctor looked at me. "I'd like to know who to contact."

"I'm Levi Ackerman." I wrote down my phone number "I'm his step brother, our guardians are busy a lot so I'm easier to get a hold of. You can tell since no adults are here except for you."

"I see, well thank you. If there's any questions then you know my name. Just ask for me at front desk." He shook my hand. I watched as he walked away. My focus went back to Eren, still the same. Nothing was changing, the constant beeping was calming. Those beeps told me he was hanging in there. For whoever it may be, he wasn't planning on leaving. I smiled, my eyes went to his lips. Slightly chapped, but still that soft pink color. I found myself staring at them. I don't know why, I just...I couldn't stop looking at them. I don't know why.

"Eren....promise me you'll be okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you do this." He squeezed my hand slightly. I looked at his eyes. They were still shut, I got a response. The smaller of them but one none the less. I smiled softly and held on a little longer.

I was tired, I'd been here for hours now. Kenny and Carla went home an hour ago. I didn't want to leave him. He meant everything to me. I don't know why but he did. I leaned back in the chair and closed my eyes. I just need an hour or two...

~The next day~

Eren's P.O.V.

...

...?

Where am I? It's...cold...and dark. 

I slowly opened my eyes.

*beep....beep....beep*

...what was that...constant beeping noises...where am I? I looked up. White ceiling, I looked to my right. Two monitors, one of them had three separate lines, the other just had one. I looked to my left....raven black hair covered his eyes as he snored softly. Who was that? Was it Levi? I looked around form some indication of time. I couldn't find any. My throat was dry. I tried to reach my hand up, I couldn't...I was too weak. I tried to clear my throat, it hurt. Something was blocking me from doing it. I looked over at Levi again, he had shifted. He was now curled up in the chair with his head ducked down. He still snored softly. I left out and huff that probably sounded really gross. A man in scrubs walked in and smiled.

"So you woke up?" I looked at him and gave a nod, a small weak one. "Alright close your eyes and relax." I did as he said and closed my eyes. I heard a hiss, a wave of cool air, and then I felt something pulling out of my throat. I squirmed in discomfort and finally it was over. I took in a few breaths and coughed. My chest felt sore. 

"Where am I? My voice was raspy and quiet.

"In the hospital, you were admitted because you tried to commit suicide."

"..." He sat down on the chair next to Levi. 

"Your very lucky you have him here." He pointed to Levi. "I'll get you a glass of warm water, cold would shock your throat." I nodded.

"Thank you." He left the room. I couldn't see any sign of Mom or Kenny. I guess they didn't come. I looked down feeling sorry for myself. Levi was the only one that stayed.

Levi...