Chapter Eighteen

Another month passed and I was sitting in my last class of the day, completely bored out of my mind.

"Did you get Ashton's Christmas gift?" Morgan asked.

"Yes. With help from Tim, I went ahead and sent it to his grandparents." I said.

"Well, what did you get him?"

"I got him some more guitar picks, and two tickets to go see Green Day." I said.

"You going to give him something else?" She asked me while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Morgan!" I all but yelled as I felt my face heat up causing her to laugh.

"I'm joking. I know that's further down the road." She said as she calmed down.

"Your insane." I mumbled.

"Yet, you love me. Anyway. Did you get him anything else?"

"Ya. I got him some more hoodies, some more band tees and there's a new guitar being shipped there too." I said.

"Wow. Someone's been busy." She said.

"Don't worry. Your presents will be here soon." I said before the bell rang and I grabbed my stuff leaving her there with a shocked look.

I waved at her beforeI turned the corner and walked right into someone.

"Oh. There you are." I heard Ash say as he made sure I didn't fall.

"Hello, to you too." I said in a deadpan tone.

"Cute. Ready to head home?" He asked me.

"Ya. I've got a crap ton of homework to do and dinner to cook." I said as I fixed my bag.

"Can I help?" He asked as he took my bag.

"I'll think about it." I said as I walked in front of him with a smile as I heard him sputter behind me.

"Hurry up! Tim said that he wanted to eat before he left for a meeting." I said and he smiled before he took my hand and we left school. Only this time when he took my hand, I felt like I could see my mom smiling at me for a moment before it disappeared.

We got home and he kissed my forehead and walked away as I headed for the kitchen. I plugged my phone in and started playing some music as I cooked.

Why did I see my mom earlier? I asked myself as I chopped the bell pepper. I finished preparing dinner and started to make a cake still lost in my thoughts.

"Hey what's wrong?" I heard Ash ask snapping ne out of my thoughts.

"Nothing. Why?" I asked him with a small smile.

"Your stress baking again." He said as he pointed to the counter I was at.

"No I'm not." I grumbled.

"Yes you are. What's wrong?" He asked me yet again.

"Hey can I get a-" I heard Tim start to say but stopped when he saw me and Ash.

"Stress baking?" He asked.

"Yes."

"No." Ash and I said at the same time.

"Toss me a water and I'll leave." He said. I opened the fridge and tossed him the water.

"There's something going on in that head of yours now what is it?"

"I thought I saw my mom earlier for a split second. But in that split second she smiled at me." I said as I sighed.