Chapter Fifteen

It's been two months since my dad has been arrested and my arm has healed, and my bruises are gone. Like Ash, promised we were going to the beach, but it was going to have to wait til spring.

It was Thanksgiving break and Oreo, Morgan, and I were shopping for gifts and celebrating. I'm finally able to talk without coughing. Though it was extremely low and soft when I talk but I'm getting louder. I came out the dressing room with some skinny jeans, a nice shirt, my combat boots, and a leather jacket.

"So what do you think?" I asked and turned around.

"Girl you look ready to fuck some shit up." said Oreo. I laughed.

"I like the leather jacket. Mines getting kinda small." I said.

"Well get it." I laughed and walked back into the changing room. I changed and put the clothes on the no rack. I paid for the leather jacket and put it on.

We grabbed out bags and head to the food court, when my phone went off. I pulled it out and saw a text from Ash.

"My dad wants me to let you know that his family has invited us for a holiday get together for Christmas. I want to bring you with me but he said it was up to you. So will you go to my family's get together with me?" 

"Of course I will. Do I need to wear anything in particular?"

"My family is kinda, snobby. But a nice dress will do. And we leave the  Sunday after we get out of school."

"Okay. g2g find a dress." I put my phone away and looked at my best friends.

"Who wants to help me find a dress after lunch?" I asked. They perked up and started clapping. Oh God! What did I get myself into! I thought.

After Chinese food we put our bags in Morgan's car before going back into the mall. They dragged me into three dress shops before we found the perfect one. It was a strapless light blue dress that was longer in the back and shorter in the front. I loved it.

"Okay, to save some money use the heels and jewelry from your first date with Ashton." said Morgan.

"Okay. Lets pay and get out of here. My feet are killing me." They laughed and I went to go pay. They dropped me off and Ash walked out to grab my bags.

I walked in.

"I'll put your bags in your room. My dad wants to talk to you." he kissed my check and walked away. I went to his dads office and knocked.

"Come in."

"You wanted to talk to me."

"Yes. I just found out that one of my cousins had her vocal cords damaged possibly beyond fixing and she doesn't know what to do. I was wondering if you would help as much as you can when we are there?"

"Yes. Of course, I will. How long are we staying at Christmas?"

"A week depending on the weather there."

"Okay. Is there anything else you need?"

"You've changed my sons life, stay by his side. That's all I ask for."

"He's changed mine as I changed his." I said.

"Just stay by his side and I saw how fast he calmed down when you hugged him. It usually takes me sending him to the gym to cool off. He needs you as much as you need him."

"I know." I said as I blushed.

"Okay. I'll let you go." He said and I walked out and went to my room. Since I've moved in, I've add some posters, more color, and I was allowed  to paint it.