Chapter Seventeen

I woke up at six in the morning and changed into some sweat pants and one of Ash's hoodies.

I walked and threw my hair into a messy bun as I walked into the kitchen.

I fixed me a cup of coffee and washed my hands before I grabbed the thawed out turkey. I placed it in the pan and started cutting up some lemons and oranges.

I've been up about an hour when I heard footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Morning Lucy." I heard Tim say.

"Morning. Light breakfast." I said when I saw him reaching for the bacon in the fridge.

"But, it's my fridge." He said with a pout.

"And I'm cooking in this house. Lord knows what you and Ash would burn down in the kitchen if I let you two cook." I shot back.

"We're not that bad." I heard Ash say as he walked in.

"You burned eggs! Eggs! It took me forever to get the smell of burned eggs out of the house!"" I said as I pointed at him.

"In my defense, I was going to calm you down from a panic attack." Ash said as he crossed his arms.

"And I got over it once I smelled the burned eggs." I shot back and then I heard the doorbell.

"I'll get it. Ashton go put on some clothes." Tim said before he walked away. Ash grumbled but gave me a quick kiss and left tbe kitchen. I huffed and went back to work.

"Morning and Happy Thanksgiving, Lucy." I heard Susan say as she walked into the kitchen.

"Morning. Coffee?" I asked her as I refilled my cup.

"No, I was fixing to go on a food run. Want anything?" She asked and I narrowed my eyes.

"Tim put you up to this?" I asked.

"Yes, why?"

"Your going to eat a light breakfast or your going to starve until the turkey is done, Tim!" I yelled once I stepped out of the kitchen slightly.

"Ugh! Fine! I'll take some toast and scrambled eggs!" I heard Tim yell from the living room.

"That's better." I said with a smile and walked back into the kitchen.

"So that'swhy he wanted me to go on a food run." Susan said with a smirk.

"Yep. Can you finish this while I work on Tim's breakfast?" I asked her.

"Of course. Let me just wash my hands first." She said. I smiled and grabbed a pan.

Six hours later, all the food was done and I leaned against the counter with a sigh.

"You good?" Susan asked.

"Ya. Just been awhile since I cooked for this long." I said with a smile.

"I bet." Susan said before she walked out the kitchen.

"Food!" She yelled and I winced slightly.

"Sorry." She said and I shook my head.

"It's fine." I said as I pulled out some plates.

"Smells amazing, you two." I heard Tim say as he walked in. I handed him a plate.

"I just hope it taste good too." Susan said as she grabbed a plate.

"It'll taste amazing." Ash said as he walked in. He grabbed a plate before he kissed my forehead. I smiled and started to put food on my plate.

After we all ate, Ash and Tim did the dishes. I plopped down on the couch and closed my eyes.

"You sure can cook." Susan said.

"I'm glad to hear that Susan." I said before I fell asleep. I woke up with a scream. No. No. No. No. I thought as I wrapped my arms around me. Soon i felt someone pick me up causing me to freak out.

"Hey. Shush. It's just me. Deep breathes." I heard a familiar voice say.   I clung to them like they were my lifeline. Once I calmed down I looked up to see Ash holding me to his chest.

"Why must I still suffer because of him?" I ask in a quite voice.

"I don't know, just know that I'm not going anywhere." Ash said and pulled me closer. I sighed and hugged him harder. We stayed like this for awhile before Ash stood up and carried me out of my room. He carried me into the music room and sat me down on the couch.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You'll see." He said before he grabbed his acoustic guitar. He sat down on the stool and looked at me.

I'm no superman
I can't take your hand
And fly you anywhere
You want to go (yeah)

I can read your mind
Like a billboard sign
And tell you everything
You want to hear, but...

I'll be your hero

Cause I can be everything you need
If you're the one for me
Like gravity
I'll be unstoppable
I, yeah, I believe in destiny
I may be an ordinary guy without his soul
But if you're the one for me
Then I'll be your hero

Ohh, I'll be your hero

So incredible
Some kind of miracle
And when it's meant to be
I'll become a hero
So I'll wait, wait, wait, wait for you

Yeah, I'll be your hero

Cause I can be everything you need
If you're the one for me
Like gravity
I'll be unstoppable
I, yeah, I believe in destiny
I may be an ordinary guy without his soul
But if you're the one for me
Then I'll be your hero

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him, as he sang and I could feel tears ready to spill out. I got off the couch and walked towards him. He sat down his guitar and I walked into his arms.

"Of course you have a soul. If you didn't have one, you wouldn't have me here. You would have left me with my dad." I said as I looked into his eyes.

"But before I met you, I closed my heart and soul off. Because of my mom, losing Daniel, and Amanda cheating on me. When we bumped into each other, it was like a bright light in the darkness. You're so full of life and you oozes an energy of niceness that it cracked through my defenses. I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame." He said as he brushed away a tear.

"My own personal Angel. Your proof that you can walk through Hell, and still be an Angel with a blinding aura." He said and I smiled.

"If I'm an Angel, then your my Knight in shining armor." I said.

"I think of myself as a Devil in Shining Armor. " he mussed and I laughed. He smiled before he kissed me. I pulled away and rested my head on his.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, Angel."