Chapter Two

He laughed when I frowned at him.

"Oh, come on Kitten. I'm not that bad to look at." Conceded much? I thought. He looked at Morgan,

"Move." she went to grab her stuff but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back down. She stared at me like I was crazy, but said nothing.

Ashton started laughing.

"Wow. Finally someone doesn't listen to me." What? I thought as i heard a slight edge in his voice that remind me of my dad.

"Lucy please let me go." whispered Morgan. I shook my head.

'No I need you to seat here with me, so I can answer the teachers questions and not get in trouble.' She looked behind me, before sighing.

"Okay. I'm sorry but she needs me here." I smiled, and turned back around to see him and smirked.

He smiled, "well in that case. I'll still sit here." he said and grabbed another chair and plopped down. I looked at Morgan and she looked as confused as I felt. What does he want? I thought. The bell rang. That was five minutes? It felt longer. Mr. C walked in and started to call roll.

"Kevin?"

"Here." This continued until he called my name.

"Lucy?"

"She's here sir." said Morgan.

"Ashton?"

"Here." Mr. C looked surprised but finished attendance. He started the lesson.

"Okay, lets start with a review from last year. Who knows the answer to this equation?" he asked. I did the problem and went to raise my hand when Ashton yawned and blurted out the answer. I stared at him, how did he know that?

"Correct." Even Mr. C stared at him like he was crazy, but he shook it off. Class ended and I let out a sigh. That means, two more classes until I have to go home. I thought as i tried not to frown.

I didn't have any of my friends in my next period because I was never called on, and they didn't know how to play an instrument. I smiled at Ms. Mendez when I walked in and got out my drum sticks. Ya that's right, the nerd knows how to play the drums. I loved this class.

"How was your day?" asked Ms. Mendez. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down at my drum set. I started to play random stuff, when I heard someone clap. Everyone in my class, knows that I play really good so they hardly ever clapped. Unless, it eas some new freshman or someone outside the classroom. I turned to see Ashton standing there.

"Lucy? Is that you?" He asked with a shocked look and I nodded my head.

"Wow. Your really good. You should start a band." I started to smile but I remembered my dad and I frowned.

"Hey, I really meant that you should start a band." I started to sign that I couldn't but stopped when he gave me a weird look.

I grabbed my notebook and wrote down what I was trying to say.

"I can't. I don't have the time." I lied.

"Oh, I didn't know. At lunch when I asked you why you didn't talk why didn't you answer? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He said. Not happening buddy. I don't know you. I thought.

"Maybe another time. I just need to trust you and I don't want to tell you so you don't tell the whole school." I was telling the truth. I don't trust that easy.

"Oh okay."

"So what brings you here?"

"I play the guitar, and the school changed my schedule."

"Cool. what do you know how to play?"

"A couple Black Veil Brides songs, some My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Green Day and Sleeping with Sirens."

"Me too."

"Really that's awesome!"

"I also know some Halestorm, Fit For Rivals, Icon For Hire, Pierce The Veil, and Tonight Alive."

"Whoa. That's awesome. Can you play some Halestorm?"

"Ya sure."

I started to play Freak Like Me by them, and he started to head bang. I shook my head but smiled and continued to play, when I heard someone start to sing the lyrics, and people playing the guitars. I looked over and saw Eileen singing. She gave me a thumbs up and continued to sing, Erin started to play the bass, and Liam was playing the rhythmic guitar, and Ms. Mendez was playing to. We finished and started to laugh. I didn't I just smiled really big.

"That was awesome. Let's play American Idiot by Green Day." He grabbed his guitar. My jaw dropped it was a beauty.

"Close your mouth Kitten before you catch flies." he said. I closed my mouth and glared at him. He laughed and plugged in the amp cord.

We were having a lot of fun playing random songs, when we heard clapping. We stopped and saw a pretty large crowd. I saw the head principle in the crowd and I gulped. I've never been in trouble but I was still shocked to see her there.

"You guys rocked!" said Mrs. Allison. I smiled, and gave my class mates a high five.

"You guys should do a concert Thursday night as a way to start this school year off." she said. Every one was nodding and agreeing but I started to shake and I shook my head no.

"Why not?" asked Mrs. Allison.

"One, I don't have time and two my dad would not like it."

"Oh, okay. Well we can always change it to third or fourth period." I nodded,

"That works."

"Okay, Thursday during third and fourth period." she said and her and the crowd walked out. We spent the rest of the class period planning on the song we were going to play with Ashton playing soft acoustic in the background.

Eighth period came and went, and I had to go home. I sighed and started to walk home. I put on my headphones and started to play Halestorm- Freak Like Me. I needed to make sure I didn't miss any beats to it. I arrived to my corner and put my headphones and IPod away.

I walked into my house to see a mess. I put my bag down and cleaned up the house as my dad's supper cooked. When I was done, supper was done, and I laid out a plate of food for my dad just in time for him to walk in through the door. He was laughing with someone. My eyes got wide, and I didn't know what to do.