Chapter Five

I woke up in the morning not sore from last night. I didn't get a beating. Which is weird but I like it. I still did my normal routine and walked out the house. I ate my food as I walked. I was pretty excited for today. Today was our concert and I was ready. I was still eating when someone pulled up to me.

"Walking again? Come on. Hop in." I listened to Ashton this time and got in.

"You ready for today?" I nodded my head and pointed to him.

"Ya. I pretty stoked. What are you eating?" I unfolded it a little bit to show him a couple of pancakes.

"Awesome. Can I have one?" I shook my head and pulled my food away from him.

"That's mean." He pouted. I smiled and stuck out my tongue. He laughed. 

"Childish much?" I nodded and continued to eat my breakfast.

He walked me over to my locker when we got to school. I could get used to not being pushed to the ground by the cheer-bots.

"You seem extra happy today! Why is that? Oh wait it's me isn't it?" he asked with a smirk and i tried not to roll my eyes at him as I pulled out my notebook.

"No I got so used to being knocked to the floor that it feels weird but also right. And no it's not you." I told him as i tried not to blush from how close he was to my face. Girls in my face is one thing, but an extremely hot boy in my face? Not used to.

"That hurts, right here." he said and pointed to his heart. I rolled my eyes, and he gasped.

"How dare you!"he faked being hurt. I smiled and grabbed my stuff. He started laughing.

"I want to help you since your helping me. Let me help you talk again." he said. I froze. He wanted to help me talk again?! I can't do that. I can't. I looked at him and didn't say anything or do anything.

"LUCY!" yelled Morgan I turned around and she must have noticed the panicked look I had.

"What happened?" I started to tell her but was cut off.

"I offered to help her get her voice back." Morgan was shocked too. I looked for Oreo.

"Where's Oreo?" I asked.

"Oh she's sick. I stopped by her house to pick her up and she looked like death." I nodded my head.

"Can you excuse us for a minute?" asked Morgan.

"Ya, sure." Morgan dragged me towards her locker.

"What do you think that came from?" she asked me.

"I'm tutoring him for AP Physics, and he is paying me. So he wants to help me back."

"Take the offer. He's being nice to us. I have a feeling it will work. Also, he seems to like you, and I saw how pink your cheeks were when he was close to your face." She said and wiggled her eyebrows.

I started to shake my head no but she gave me a look. She knew, because she saw. I sighed and slumped my shoulders.

"I'll take the offer, but if it back fires, I'm blaming you for talking me into this."

"I know." we walked back over to Ashton.

"Ready?" I nodded. He walked me towards my first period class.

"I'll see you later." he said. I nodded and I walked in, and took my normal seat. I had this class with Oreo but she's not here.

"Please excuse this interruption. Can these students please head to the gym. Lucy Albertson, Eileen Schott, Erin Gainer, Liam Manchester, and Ashton Jackson. Thank you." I gathered my stuff and left. I went to the gym and found my drum set and sticks. I smiled and sat down. I saw Ashton and everyone else walking in and carrying their stuff.

"All right guys we have two hours until show time. Hurry up and set up so we can practice." said Ms. Mendez. I stayed put and practiced, the songs. Eileen was the first one to set up and she started singing. Erin started to practice to. One by one we finished setting up and practiced. We stopped and gathered in a circle. People started to come in but we stayed in our circle and talked until Mrs. Allison began talking.

"Hello ladies and gentleman. Today we have a special surprise for you. A couple of your classmates have agreed to play some songs for you so please stay quite and enjoy."

We took out places, and I started to play. We got through the first two songs and the crowd was standing up and having a blast. I smiled and caught Ashton's eye. He smiled and continued to play after he sent me a wink. Thank you for teaching me how to play the drums mom. I thought. The crowd went crazy when we finished.

"Alright ladies and gentleman. What do you say? One more song?" They screamed.

"All take that as a yes." I looked at Eileen. I grabbed pen and paper.

"We Like It Loud by Sleeping with Sirens?" I threw it at her. She caught and read it, she nodded and told everyone else. Ashton had taken off his jacket and placed it on top of my binders, causing his plaid shirt sleeve to move slightly, and I noticed that he had some tattoes. I shook off those thoughts and thought about the beats fir the song right fast. I smiled and then started. After we finished we started to put our stuff away.

"That was amazing!" yelled Eileen. I nodded my head in agreement. I pulled Ashton away.

"I'll let you help me get my voice back." He smiled once he read it.

"I won't let you down." I smiled and walked away though I was extremely worried and scared.