Chapter Twenty-One

PLEASEE Vote, Follow, and COMMENT!

Song: Baby it's cold Outside (I just rlly love this video)

Chapter Twenty-One

Week 24- The baby weighs just over 1 pound, and is almost 12 inches long. The baby developed more muscle tone than in earlier weeks. The lungs are fully formed, but not yet ready to function outside of the womb.

____________

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"What the fuck," I grumbled, swatting away the probing fingers and burying my head further into the comfy pillow.

"Stila, it's Christmas," I heard Theo whine, while he poked me two more times.

"This doesn't mean you have to wake me up at 6:30 in the morning, Theo. It's not like there are gifts under the Christmas tree, you four-year old child," I mumbled, pulling a blanket over my face.

"But that's the thing; there are! And there all for you. Well, all for your growing son. But technically you, So come one!" He cried, ripping the blanket off from over my head and grabbing my hand.

"Wha-?" I started, confused.

"Just come and see for yourself!"

Grumbling some more, I let Theo pull me from off the bed and into the living room.

Surrounded by mountains of presents, our Christmas tree looked small.

"What the hell is this?" I ask, perplexed.

"All the essentials for our son," I heard Clyde say. Turning around, I see him emerge from the kitchen, with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"You didn't have to do this, Clyde. Really," I tell him, walking over to the tree and sitting on it, grabbing a present to begin unwrapping.

By the time all of the presents were unwrapped, or living room was crowded with newborn clothes to children toys. Clyde presented me with a gift card to Babies R Us so that I could pick out the nursery theme.

"Thank you, Clyde," I said, with my eyes watering.

"No problem, Stila. And it wasn't just me. It was my whole family. They thought that since we're opening up presents for ourselves today, someone should open presents for the little, unnamed dude in your tummy."

Trying to reign in the tears, I got up from my position in the middle of the overcrowded floor and gave Clyde a big hug, settling my head on his shoulder.

"We should get going, we have two families to visit," I say, breaking from his grasp and heading to my room to change.

My look was simple, yet Christmasy. I had a red, maternity sweater dress on with knit leggings underneath and a pair of black flats on my feet. Skipping my whole makeup routine, I opted to wear just red lipstick and a little bit of mascara.

"Let's do this thing," I say, opening up my room door to the sight of 2 grown men holding baby supplies. Smiling, I shake my head and walk to the door.

"Whoever gets to the car first picks the radio station!" Theo yells, running out the door.

"Little does he know we're both sitting up front," Clyde whispers in my eye, guiding me through the door by his hand placed on my back.

"Some can dream," I laugh, enjoying our banter.

We make it to the car, and after an eventful, argumental car ride, we arrive at my parent's townhouse.

"Darlings!" My mother cries, opening the door and taking each of us individually for a long, squeeze of a hug. "You're getting so big, dear. I can barely hug you," She says during our hug.