Chapter Eighteen

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT!!

Chapter Eighteen

Week 21- The baby's fingers and toes are completely formed, including finger and toe prints. Jerking movements can be noticed, that is the baby hiccuping.

__________

"Clyde!" I yelled, sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn on my lap.

"What?" He yelled back to me, behind the closed doors of the bathroom.

"The movie's starting! You'll miss it!"

"Oh, darn," He yelled back sarcastically, opening the bathroom door.

It was my night to pick a movie, and so I chose The secret life of pets. Clyde was more into dramatic action and said that we should wait to watch the kid shows until our little peanut came.

"Stop being such a drama queen and come here," I told him, a grin taking over my face.

He walked into the kitchen and came out with a glass of water, handing it to me while I groaned.

"I'm drinking enough water, I promise," I told him, taking a sip.

"Just to be sure. I want you and our little guy safe, just let me help you," He replied, settling himself next to me and moving his arm around me.

We began watching the movie, and although Clyde was reluctant on watching it, he seemed to be enjoying himself. About halfway, we paused it on the evil rabbit so that I could quickly use the bathroom.

"Ugh, stupid pregnant bladders," Clyde mumbled, letting me out of the safety of his arms.

Quickly using the bathroom, I walked back out to see Clyde leaning forward texting on his phone, with a small wrinkle on his forehead.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked him, settling back on the couch.

"My mom wants to meet you. She's insisting we go to dinner with her and my sister tomorrow and she's refusing to accept my no," He said, looking up at me with begging eyes.

"So then say yes," I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked, excitement clouding over his features.

"Yeah, it's also a good time to tell her the gender of the baby," I said, relaxing back into the crack of his arm while he hastily made a quick reply to his mom.

"Thanks, babe," He said, pressing play and we went back to our relaxing, movie night.

⬤⬤⬤

"Stila, for god sakes, you don't need makeup to make you beautiful. You already are! It's making us late to everything," Clyde said, standing in the doorway and glaring at me.

So maybe we're a little late to go and see his mother and sister. But it's all because of him. We had a steamy makeout session, and if his mother hadn't called him, we would have probably gone further.

We were supposed to meet them at 6, and it is now 6:07 pm.

"Maybe if you weren't so distracting, I would've been ready," I said, glaring right back at him.

I just finished putting on my mascara, and now the only thing left to do was put on lip gloss. Going with my trusty Maybelline, I applied a thin layer and walked into my closet, quickly picking out an outfit and getting dressed.

"Okay, let's go!" I said, walking out of the closet and putting my shoes on before we both left and got into his car.

By the time we arrived at the restaurant, it was already 6:30.

"She already hates me. We're 30 minutes late!" I told him, grabbing his hand and walking with him to the entrance.

"She won't hate you, I promise babe," He said, opening the door and gesturing me in first.