Chapter Fifteen!

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT!!!!!

Chapter Fifteen

Week 18- The baby sleeps and wakes on a regular basis, and can be awakened by noises and movements. In girls, ovaries containing eggs have formed. In boys, the testes have begun to descend.

________

Today is the day I've been dreading; the day Clyde leaves to go to California to make a 4-day long business deal.

At least he left me with a cat, right?

As much as I hate being away from him for 4 days, I feel as if it will be good for the relationship. We see each other every day, he comes to my apartment every night after he finishes working to watch a movie with me.

Space can be good for a relationship, right? Right.

Currently, I'm at my work at my desk, contemplating how I'm going to tell the evil, yellow tooth boss that I'm pregnant and would need an extended period time in the upcoming months to take care of a little baby boy.

Should I buy him some carrot cake, his favorite dessert, to butter him up? Or should I just outright say it?

Deciding to go with buying him his favorite dessert, I order from a small bakery and politely offer them a big tip if they could deliver.

It's not like Craig will care if he spends $125 for a piece of cake.

Staring into space for about 20 minutes, I jump when my phone starts ringing.

"Hello, Stila speaking," I answer, my pen poised over a notebook.

"Hey, Stila, your cakes here. Want me to have someone send it up?" Marcie, the front desk lady, asks.

"Yes please, that'll be great! Thank you so much," I reply, drumming my fingers on my desk.

Drumming my fingers for another solid 5 minutes, I jump up when the elevator door opens and take the nicely wrapped pink package out of the bakery guys hands and rush to Craig's office before I have time to chicken out.

"Yes?" Mr.Tele shouts after I wrap a good 2 knocks onto his door.

"It's me, Stila. Can I talk to you?" I say through the door, switching the pink box to my other hand.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. Come on in," He sighed.

I walked in and immediately noticed his posture, which was one of clear dismantlement.

"Are you okay?" I instantly ask, without realizing that this was my boss and we have no personal connections.

"Yeah, of course, I am. Just a bunch of load of BS from my wife. What's up?" He says, messing up the little hair he has and taking a sip of the now cold coffee that has been sitting on his desk since this morning.

"I brought you a cake!" I tell him, setting the box down on his desk and waiting patiently by his desk while he opened the box and devoured the pastry.

"What's the occasion?" He asks, after finishing the what's left in the box and wiping the crumbs from his mouth.

"Well..." I begin, not sure how to continue. "I'm expecting."

"Like a baby?" He asks, with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Yeah. A baby boy actually," I hastily reply, taking the empty box and tossing it in a trash bin.

"Is that why you've been wearing ugly huge sweaters? Cause' you can stop now," he said, leaning back in his chair and watching me tidy up the room.

I look at him and smile, saying quick thanks and getting out of the office.

As the work day ended, I thanked god that Craig was in a depressed mood; otherwise, he would've yelled and probably fired me, even though firing because someone is pregnant is illegal.