twenty

"Why do I always have to sit in the back?"

I groaned as I climbed out of the back of my brother's Jeep. I had decided to go home last night. Dad just thinks I've been spending the night at a friend's house for a while because of me missing my mom. I do really miss my mom, but the reason I haven't been home was because I needed to be with people like me and my house was full of human boys.

"There's got to be another way to buy tickets." Scott sighed as he slid his backpack on his shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, "Its a secret show, there's only one way to buy tickets."

"And it's a secret." Stiles added.

I chuckled  at my brother, "Way to state the obvious."

"Hey," Matt called out, making the three of us turn our attention to him, "Any of you know why no one is getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

I leaned my arm on Scott's shoulder as Stiles decided to reply to Matt.

"Forget about it, nobody got hurt."

Matt narrowed his eyes at my brother, "I had a concussion."

"Nobody got seriously hurt." Stiles responded, he really didn't like this guy.

Matt looked annoyed, "I was in the ER for six hours."

"Do you wanna know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now." Stiles snapped, holding his hand about two inches off the ground.

Matt looked at Scott and I and we just avoided eye contact. Stiles stood up straight again and Scott stepped forward, making me trip. Thankfully, Stiles caught me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Scott asked, he actually sounded kinda worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." he shrugged, "Saw you didn't getting any tickets last night either."

Scott sighed, "Are they still selling?"

"Uh, no, but I managed to find two online." Matt smirked, turning to leave, "You should keep trying, it sounds like everyone's gonna be there."

As soon as he walked away Stiles spoke up. Scott and I already started to walk toward the school entrance.

"I don't like him." we turned back to my brother, "Hey, are you sure about this?"

"Last time, who ever is controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job." I explained.

Scott nodded, "So, what do you think he's gonna do this time?"

"Be there to make sure it happens." Stiles sighed.

•••••

"Ketamine?"

Deaton nodded lowering the needle, "Its the same stuff we use on the dogs. Just a higher dosage."

He sat the needle and the vile of the medication down on the metal table in the examination room.

"If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." he explained and then held up one of the containers from the other night, "This, is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

He sat the container down on the table too. Scott and I were already playing with the Ketamine and the needle. Stiles then reached forward and picked up the glass container.

"That seems like a lot of pressure. Can we find a slightly less pressure filled task for me? Maybe give this one to Collins?" Stiles asked.

I just narrowed my eyes at me and he gave me a "what?" look.