sixteen

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he won't remember stealing Danny's tablet."

We all groaned as Scott explained what happened. We being, Stiles, Allison, and I. The van had to be relocated due to the fact of the police finding out previous location. This is what we get for following my brother.

"Why would he steal Danny's tablet?" Stiles asked.

I shrugged, "What if someone else took it?"

"Then somebody else knows what he is." my brother responded.

Scott looked at all of us, "Which means somebody could be protecting him."

"Good. The beastiary says the Kanima seeks a friend." Allison added.

Stiles nodded, "Okay. So somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? I mean, who would do that?"

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" I questioned.

"There's something else, " Scott interjected, "You said you found a line about the Kanimas, that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?"

"No, it can't be. It tried to kill all of us. Remember? I don't know about you two, but I haven't murdered anybody lately." Stiles responded.

Scott stuttered with his words, "Well... I-I don't think it was trying to kill us. You remember, when we were at Isaac's the first time it just went right by us. Didn't it?"

"Yeah. You're right, it just ran off." Allison nodded.

Scott turned to Stiles, "And it didn't kill you in the mechanics garage."

"Well, yeah, but it tried to kill me and Derek in the pool." Stiles responded, still sounding confused.

"It did?"

Stiles nodded, "It would've. It was waiting for us to come out."

"What if it was trying to keep you in?" I asked.

My brother looked shocked, "Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?"

"Because there's something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson or why someone's protecting him."

Allison cut off Scott's rant, "Know thy enemy."

We all stared at her.

She shook her head, "Its just something my grandfather said."

"Alright, I got it. Kill Jackson, problem solved." Stiles blurted.

Allison, Scott, and I all glared at my brother. He tended to come up with some idiotic ideas.

"He risked his life for us against Peter. Remember that?" Scott raised his voice this time.

Stiles nodded, "Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us. It's funny."

"It doesn't mean he's not still worth saving."

Bubba: he's gone. jackson's gone.

I ignored the message and threw the phone beside me on the couch. My mind was currently consumed with writing this English paper I had due tomorrow morning. Losing Jackson was their problem, I wasn't the one who kidnapped him in the first place.

That's the thing with Scott and Stiles. They always drug me along on their stupid adventures that always involved them getting in trouble. Out of the hundreds of adventures the three of us have gone on together, I've been caught a total of 5 times. I just always seem to leave at the right moment.