thirteen

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia."

Scott spoke as he, Stiles, Allison, and I walked into coach's office.

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes."

"Especially after what happened at the pool." Scott added.

Stiles breathed out, "Its not her."

"Stiles, she's didn't pass the test. Nothing happened." I frowned at my brother.

He shook his head it disbelief, "No, it can't be her."

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her." Allison sighed, "So, either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

Scott shook his head, "Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school."

"What about after school?" I questioned.

Scott forcefully breathed out. He didn't know what to do. None of us did.

Allison put her head in her hands and then looked back up at us, "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

"Really? By three o'clock?" Stiles spoke up.

Allison moved her hands, trying to think, "Maybe there's something in the beastiary."

"You mean in the 900 page book written in Archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." my brother snapped.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, "Actually, I think I might know someone who could translate it."

"I-I can talk to Derek, maybe give us a chance to prove it's not her." Scott sighed.

I shook my head, "I'll talk to Derek."

All three of them stared at me.

"He... He'll listen to me better than he would to Scott." I stuttered.

Stiles glared at me, "How are you for sure?"

"That's a story for another time."

Scott spoke up, keeping Stiles from pursuing that topic of conversation, "But if anything happens, you guys let Collins and I handle it. Okay?"

"What does that mean?" Allison asked, her eyes locked with Scott's.

He stared back into her eyes, "It means you can't heal like we do."

She gave him an irritated look.

"I just don't want you getting hurt."

Allison got up and searched through her bag, pulling out something. She unfolded it and held it up in the air, it was a compound bow.

"I can protect myself."

Scott just stared at the girl, sadness consuming his face. Stiles and I exchanged looks before turning our gazes back to the boy that was pretty much our brother.

"What? Did something else happen?" Allison asked him.

He let out a breath, "I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me. Okay? 'Cause I don't care if your Dad finds out. Call, scream, text, whatever. I'll find you and I'll find you as fast as I can."

Allison looked down and nodded before returning to her eye contact with Scott.

"We have 'til 3."

Scott turned around to leave when we all heard a trigger click. He spun on his heels only to catch an arrow inches from his face to stop it from going into his eye. We all looked at my brother who was currently handing Allison back her bow. What an idiot.