Chapter 15

You paced back and forth in your hotel room. You looked at your selected date dress hanging on the open closet door and sighed. Your gaze remained on your dress before you started to pace again. A buzz from your phone on the bed caused you to jump.

It was a text from Nathan. It read "Is something the matter?"

You took a deep breath before typing out the situation. The explanation started with why you cancelled the scheduled lunch with him after the London book signing and ended with the Suzy spotting at the bakery.

Nathan: "For sure she's a stalker. I hate to be the one to bring this up, but what if she's one of Dan's crazed fans?"
You: "What do you mean?"
Nathan: "He's a famous Youtuber that many girls find attractive. There's rumors of sparks flying between you two. Maybe one fan just didn't like the possibility of that."

You: "That makes it sound like my life is in danger."

Nathan: "It might be. It also might be a good idea to distance yourself from him."

You: "I don't want to."
Nathan: "Does either Dan or Phil know about the situation?"

You: "... No, not yet. I have to cancel the Paris signing though so they'll find out soon."

Nathan: "Okay, we can start with that."

You turned to the laptop beside you in bed and looked at the two open tabs. One was an email to the bookstore management describing the situation and cancellation of the event. Another was an unsent tweet announcing an apology the cancellation. With a few clicks you sent out both the email and the tweet. Then you sent a text to Dan asking him to come over.

A few minutes later a knock arrived at the door. You opened the door to a smiling Dan.

"Hey," Dan greeted.

You gave him a small smile and welcomed him in. The two of you ended up sitting across from each other at the small circular table beside the balcony.

Dan's smile grew nervous. "What's up?"

You looked down at your hands. "I don't think we can go to the dinner tonight."

"Was I being too forward?" Slight hurt and concern from your rejection reflected in his tone.

"No," you interjected. "Not at all." You reached forward and squeezed his hands in assurance. "It's just that I saw Suzy earlier today when I stopped by a bakery. I don't think we should risk it."

Dan squeezed your hand back in return. "Did you cancel the book signing or call the authorities yet?"

"I cancelled the signing but we should wait until we get back to London to contact the authorities. I just don't understand why this is happening."

"We don't have to understand it."

Thinking about what Nathan mentioned about the possibility of Suzy being one of Dan's fans, you hesitated. You looked at Dan's expression and decided not to bring it up. "I wish that we could've went to dinner though."

"Me too." After a pause Dan then cleared his throat. "Phil asked me about us."

At this statement you felt a tingle of nervousness in your stomach. You weren't sure how Phil would've reacted and didn't want to cause any tensions in their friendship. "What did you say?"

"I said that I liked you." There was no hesitance in Dan's voice. "Romantically, I mean." He hastily added in the clarification as his cheeks flushed a light shade of pink. "Phil, uh," he cleared his throat once more. "He more or less gave his blessing."

You chuckled at Dan's wording that caused you to imagine Phil as a religious figure. "Was he fulfilling his brotherly role?"

"Yes, yes he was." You noted how Dan's smile also came out through his voice. "But," the cheery tone slipped away from his tone. "He also mentioned about how you might not stay."

You looked away from his gaze. "I don't know yet especially with what's going on."

Dan brought your attention back to him when he squeezed your hand. "Take your time. I just want what's best for you."

------

A/N: I recently finished watching Dan and Phil play the ending of Undertale and it was amazing and sad ;____; Thank you to everyone who favorited, commented, and added this story to their public reading lists!