Chapter 5

The sunshine poked through the window of the office. Little by little the rays filled the cold room. You snored away peacefully until the light danced around your face, causing you to groan. You cracked open an eye while a headache hammered away at your head. A glass of water and painkillers sat on the table across from you. You decided to get up for a possibility to soothe the headache.

After taking a swig of water and painkillers you noticed that you were still dressed in the clothes from the night before. You shrugged to yourself and figured you stumbled up the stairs or Phil guided you up. You shimmied out of the dress, changed into pajamas, and headed for the shower.

After a steamy shower, the smell of delicious comfort food led you downstairs.

"Pizza for breakfast?" You asked and peeked inside the box. It had your favorite toppings. "Mum would be disappointed."

Phil raised an eyebrow at you. "You asked me to pick this up last night."

It was your turn to raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He fished out his phone, pressed a few times on the screen, and pushed it over to you. You picked it up. The screen revealed a text message conversation between you and Phil around midnight. It read:

You: "philly can you get pizzas???? please I'm so hungry"

Phil: "you alright, y/n?"

You: "ofc!!!!"

Phil: "I'll get some pizza on my way back. Usual toppings?"

You: "yaaaa"

"Oh," you remarked.

"Going over the texts you sent last night?" Dan called from the stairs. He bounded over to the pizza on the table and took a slice. "It was quite a conversation." He slid his phone over.

You picked up his phone and grimaced. The text message conversation read:

You: "I'm coming home!!!!"

You: "!!!!"

Dan: "phil's still out right now. you need any help getting back?"

You: "no!!!!!"

"You seemed pretty ecstatic," Dan chuckled when you put the phone down.

You slid it back to him. "I don't remember sending those but they weren't that embarrassing."

"Come to think of it," Phil started. "I do remember receiving a FaceTime from you when you were in uni. I think you were dancing on a table?"

"Phil!" You smacked him on the arm before turning to Dan. "For the record, that didn't happen."

"I can see it happening." Dan commented and moved away before you were able to smack him as well. He smirked.

You gave up and continued to munch on another slice. "So what's the plan for today?"

"Get ready for this," Phil began. "I'm taking you on a grand tour of BBC."

You let out a low whistle. "I get to see where DJ Lester and DJ Howell work."

"DJ Howell?" Dan asked. "I sound like a werewolf. Phil sounds like Hannibal Lecter."

"Hey there are sick beats about cannibalism," Phil protested. A look from Dan prompted him to attempt to rap. "My name is Lester and I don't like meat that's fester."

A pause.

The three of you burst out laughing.

"Alright, alright." Phil said. "Finish eating. We'll head out in thirty."

------

The footsteps of many echoed against the small semicircular area that led up to the teal and grey building. Cut outs of the letters "BBC" were etched onto white squares on the window panes. You craned your neck to see the rest of the tall building.

"Impressive, eh?" Phil commented as he lead the way. Dan had remained at home to finish up some things. He said that he would join you two in an hour or so.

"Do you ever run into your fans here?" You asked.

"Sometimes. But they don't get inside the building due to security and all." Phil held the door open for you. He guided you to the front desk where he went over details of your visit with the receptionist. He thanked the receptionist and handed you a visitor tag that you stuck to the front of your shirt. "Let me show you the big room." He walked further inside the building and stood in front of a large glass wall.

You peered over the edge and over at the room beneath. Rows of desks and computer from every direction led up to the wall you currently stood on. You tried to see what was displayed on the wall but couldn't. "What's down there?"

"It's basically the news monitoring room. They're projecting a livestream of the channel on the wall."

Before you could comment, another voice interrupted you.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice called out.

You turned around to see a face you rarely saw since the third year of university. "Nathan?"

With height comparable to Phil's and a contained mess of blond hair, Nathan rushed over to you. He enveloped you in a warm hug, almost dropping a stack of papers in the process. "I haven't seen you in forever. You should've told me you were in town."

"I didn't know that you came back here either." You replied, looking up at him.

His blue button up shirt hung a pair of black sunglasses from the collar opening. He took out a phone from the front pocket of his black jeans. "Here, we should exchange numbers."

You took his phone, entered your number, and handed it back to him. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled at the screen and pocketed the phone. "I work at here as a web developer. Yourself?"

You politely smiled back. "Just here for a bit of vacation." You turned to Phil. "With my brother. You remember Phil, yeah?"

"Of course." Nathan stuck his hand out to Phil who took it cheerfully. Before the conversation could continue another person called Nathan from down the hall. He looked at the person then at you. "I'll catch you later, yeah?" He gave your shoulder a reassuring pat before he went his way.

"Who is that?" Phil asked, shifting his gaze from the departing Nathan to you.

"An ex in uni. We dated in my third year." You murmured back.

"I didn't know that you dated a Londoner." Phil remarked.

You shrugged at him. "He reminded me of home."

------

A/N: This is the second chapter for this week so I'll see you all next week when I get back. Remember to vote, comment, and add this to your public reading lists! : >