Chapter 1

"I've gotten your room ready. Can't wait to see you!"

You smiled at your phone and quickly tapped out a response. As the cab inched to a slow stop, you pocketed your phone and gave the appropriate fare to the driver. You popped open the cab door, lugged out your luggage, and shuffled to the front door of the housing complex.

Overhead a pair of footsteps bounced their way down and the door swung open to reveal your brother sporting his familiar raven-haired flop of hair.

"Y/N!" Phil greeted you.

You collided into his open arms, not minding that your nose roughly bumped against his chest. Though you two were siblings, he was taller by a good number of heads. "Phil!" You shouted and looked up at him. "I haven't seen my big brother in so long."

He ruffled your hair. "Here, let me get your luggage for you." Phil said in a fake macho voice, took your suitcase, and headed up the stairs.

"Thank you Sir Philip," you chimed with the highest pitch on his name as you kept up with his stride.

"Do you want to go out or stay in for dinner?"

You hummed before responding. "Go out. I'm not that tired." You watched as Phil unlocked the front door of his flat. More stairs remained behind the door. "How many flights did you say your flat was?"

"Four! Your room is at the very top." Phil said with a grin. He ruffled your hair again as a response to your exasperated expression. "Don't worry, Dan and I deal with this every day and we're just fine."

You huffed and continued the trek up. "Is Dan here to witness my descent during ascent too? That'll make for a good first impression."

Ahead of you, Phil waited on the landing of the second floor. "He's out right now but he'll be back before dinner." He watched you struggle with a suitcase until you reached the landing as well. "Tell you what, as your big bro, I'll carry both for you. I'll just make two quick trips."

"Bless the purest cinnamon roll." You shot a cheeky grin.

He quirked an eyebrow at you. "Have you been watching videos about me?"

"Only recently."

------

A little while later you found yourself in the converted office. The sofa bed had been extended to a decently sized purple bed. Two plump pillows lied on the bed. The computers remained as they were but loose papers and gaming related decorations were nearly set aside. You spotted the wooden score board from the gaming channel in the corner.

Only recently did you take a peek at Phil's videos. The release of his book and tour piqued your interest. Before, it seemed a little weird for your consideration. You were glad that you looked at this other side of Phil. Not that there was much of another side. He was still a chipper and optimistic person. He still tried his best not to swear. You mentally rolled your eyes. Though you were younger than Phil, you swore a lot more. In fact, your use of decorative language resembled Dan's.

Dan Howell. It was a little odd that you two never met face to face in person. When your family visited Phil in London, you always had classes or other important issues to tend to. Your only interactions with Dan were limited to brief greetings over Skype. From reading the book he jointly published with Phil, he seemed quirky and friendly enough. Though he also seemed much more sarcastic and snarky. You figured that if Phil was friends with him then he must at least be a decent human being.

"Y/N, Dan's home!" Phil called up from the lounge below you.

"You sound like Mom," you called back. You grabbed your cell and purse before heading downstairs.

Once you reached the bottom of the stairs, you took a peek around the corner. Dan and Phil had their backs to you as they reclined on the couch. You crept toward them as quietly as possible. You were about a few inches away when Dan turned to you.

"Saw you on my phone screen. Was taking a selfie." Dan smirked. You blushed, embarrassed that you got caught.

Phil laughed at your attempt and ruffled your hair. "Still a prankster, huh."

"How much longer are you going to keep ruffling my hair for?" You grumbled as you fixed your hair for the fourth time.

"For as long as I want to! I missed out on many ruffles." Phil then gestured to Dan. "Finally you get to meet Dan. Dan, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Dan."

"Nice to finally meet you," you greeted and stuck your hand out.

Dan shook your hand gingerly. "Same for you. I've heard so much about you from Phil. He's a proud big brother."

You noticed how his hand was warmer and noticeably bigger than yours. You wanted to hold it longer but let it go to avoid possible social awkwardness. "Thanks."

"Oh wait, before we head off for dinner," Phil began. "When do you have your meet ups again?"

You raised your eyebrow. "London next week and Paris the week after that." Phil had already mentioned that he would be your tour guide for most of your time in London, but you didn't put it past him to plan out more surprises.

"Wow, both you and Phil are adorable and renowned authors." Dan commented.

You turned around to hide the faint glow on your cheeks. "Let's go get dinner. I'm starving."