×thirty-four×

(A/N at the bottom)

***

"Josh?" Simon whispers, looking up at the other boy.

"Simon?" He copies.

"Do you.. do you think anyone will remember us? And know who we are?"

"..maybe."

***

It was the first time in months that the 2 were properly going out somewhere.

Simon went to have a shower, leaving Josh alone downstairs, now in the living room.
There was a box, tucked away in the corner, by the TV.

It was like the one on the table, but the one in the corner was sealed.
It was sealed with the old Sidemen Clothing tape.

That's when he remembered the boys.
But more specifically, he remembered one certain day, where they had all been sat in this exact living room.

***

"It's nice that we're all hanging out together like this. We hardly see Harry, but when we do we always have a good time to remember." Ethan says, looking around at the others.

"I like it when there's all seven of us. It makes me feel.. complete. You know?" Tobi says, and the boys nod their head and mumble in agreement.

"I'm really glad that I chose you guys to be my best friends. I couldn't have asked for anyone else." Vik adds on.

"We're not just a group of best friends, we're practically family." Josh says with a warm smile.

"Harry's the baby then, Josh and Simon are the parents." JJ states, and all laugh.

"Why are we the parents?" Simon questions.

"You guys are the oldest. Josh is the dad, and you're the mum." Harry says.

"Fine." He gives in, making Josh chuckle.

"Do you think we're gonna be like this forever?" Ethan asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Together, as friends. As our little family. Are we always gonna be like this?" He explains.

"I hope so. I don't think anything would be able to break us apart." JJ says.

"We're all one, and always will be."

***

The voices replayed in Josh's head.
He felt tears rolling down his cheek, and quickly lifted his sleeve to wipe them.

It didn't turn out that way.
They all planned their future together. They were gonna be there for each other, forever.

But this day, there were only 2 of them left.

He moved to pick up the box, taking it back to where he previously sat.
It didn't feel too heavy, it was quite light, and it hardly made any noises when he gently shook it.

He peeled the tape back, pulling open the flaps to see what was inside.
There was a stack of a few clothes.
Sidemen clothes.

Simon had kept a box of them, so he could keep them forever.

He lifted them out of the box, seeing there was two pairs of shirts, and the black tracksuit.

He hadn't seen the Sidemen logo in quite a while. It felt new to him, but he knew it wasn't.

"Josh?"

He turned around, seeing Simon stood there, wearing an old t-shirt and shorts.

"You found the b-box?"
Josh nodded in return.

He walked over to where Josh was sitting, and sat next to him, taking out one of the tracksuit jackets.
He hadn't seen the logo in a while.

"Do we wear them?" He asks

"I want to. I miss what we used to be." Josh replies.

***

So um hi
I haven't updated this book since December 30th, and it's currently February 17th,,, yikes

But welcome back!!

This book has been on a little hiatus, since I've had a fkn huge writers block.

I also wanted to add on that I've finally figured out when I'm ending this book, and it is in fact gonna be at chapter 45.

There's 11 chapters left, that's all.

Anyway, welcome back if you do still read this, and I hope you've enjoyed the chapter! :))